Gaming PS3 SuperSlim Hen 4.85 Running ISOs from internet

HaseebTehsin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all. I have a PS3 SuperSlim with Hen 4.85 and multiman installed. My console's dvd drive is busted and I can't play any games from the disks I have. I've recently installed a 240gb hard drive in the ps3 superslim console. I have disks for some games (but since ) I don't have any way to dump these games (as I don't have a dvd Blu-Ray drive on any computer). What I did is I downloaded some games off the internet. I am able to run some games with multiman but others just don't work. I am having the following issues.

1. The ISO files show up in multiman but on running them it gives error encrypted/invalid ISO
2. If I dump the contents of the ISO into a folder and run it, multiman mounts it and console returns to the XMB screen on running from there it gives the error 80010017. Can anybody suggest anything on what I can do to run those games?

I've tried signing into the playstation account by spoofing to 4.86 using the webman mod. I have tried to run the games using webman mod but nothing seems to be working. Any suggestions are welcome.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
did you put the raps files in the right place. either on your USB or hard drive by ftp?

games wouldnt start if you dont do so.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would get a specific error about signing into psn if it were a rap issue. 80010017 means the eboot can't be decrypted. It's a generic error like rrod on the 360.

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What a shame that you had to redownload all those games you own.
You already use multiman, so you could have dumped all your games without problems to your internal or an external HDD with it. (/s)
No problems with bad dumps this way as well.
I run my games via the webman mod directly from the XMB.
It's easier to change games this way as well, can recommend this method.

Last edited by Wuigi,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What a shame that you had to redownload all those games you own.
You already use multiman, so you could have dumped all your games without problems to your internal or an external HDD with it. (/s)
No problems with bad dumps this way as well.
I run my games via the webman mod directly from the XMB.
It's easier to change games this way as well, can recommend this method.
He said the drive doesn't work. Check the game ird to see if it's corrupted

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@godreborn Ok didn't read that.
Seemed like the typical explanation from the people asking these kind of questions.

The easiest way is to use the PSN versions of games, as it is easy to get a valid copy of them if you use PSDLE to get the PKG link to the game to download it to your PC.
There are some games that are disc only like FF 13, those won't work with this approach.
In combination with HEN Toolbox you can install the game files hosted on your PC to your PS3 without copying them to your internal PS3 HDD first which would waste double the space.
The RAP licenses you get by extracting your purchased PSN game licenses that have the RIF format by using your act.dat with RIF2RAP can then be installed with ReactPSN.
If you have dumped your legally owned PSN games in the PKG and RAP format you can also try them in the RPCS3 emulator which already works great with most of them if you have a recent CPU.

Last edited by Wuigi,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try this. it works for both iso files and jb (folder) games: you only want to see the update in red, because it's not needed. if you have something like a psarc extracted, it will show the file as corrupted. usually corrupted or missing files = infinite loading. duplex really fucked up a lot of games back in the ps3 scene (don't know why people download their crap)

http://jonnysp.bplaced.net/

Reactions: Z3nZ3s

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.google.com/search?q=MSU+Genesis&rlz=1C1VDKB_enUS988US988&oq=MSU+Genesis&gs_lcrp=EgZja...