PS3 Crashes - Do EvilNat, WebmanMod, and IrisMan not get along?

XFoxPrower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just upgraded to a 1TB HDD on my Evilnat 4.90 PS3. Initially I was able to get Irisman 4.90 and Webman Mod working. Then when copying a large ISO to the HDD through Irisman, it hung and I had to force-shutdown. As expected, filesystem scan followed, but it would always freeze (circle icon in top right frozen, wave frozen, gamepad wouldn't pair. Truly unresponsive) before I could even agree to it. Had to boot into Safe Mode and do it, where it stopped mid-way to tell me it was so bad that I had to reformat. So I did. Somehow despite it saying all data would be deleted, user accounts remained. I assume other conflicting config remained too.

Ever since then, (To isolate the cause, I've quick-reformatted 3 times since Full estimated 59 hours), Irisman would work only as long as I'd not try to install Webman Mod. If I install Webman Mod, it creates an empty Webman Mod 'folder' (not Webman Games) and then Irisman hangs on a black screen if I open it, requiring forced shutdown and more filesystem corruption. There wasn't even a way to uninstall Webman Mod due to the empty folder missing its setup.

Also related, the CFW Playstation 3 'folder' always (initially and after) gets an error when opening. I assume that's where /P3ISO listings would be, If only there were a way to prompt a fresh format + Firmware install like the day I put this new HDD without taking 59 hours.

Any advice on this setup, what to change, or what packages to get or avoid? Thanks.

XFoxPrower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: Another freeze while copying an ISO in IrisMan. Now the /PS3ISO folder is empty per Irisman File Manager's properties (though the System Settings reports the space is still used), and any attempt to open it /PS3ISO just kicks me to the top of the root folder it's in. Tried in the EXFAT version and it froze that. Could my new HDD be bad? Or is CFW etc just too unstable to expect to be able to copy a few files without playing Russian Roulette HDD Format? Maybe FTP is more stable? Maybe I should return the HDD and stick with external media? Or try another CFW? Please advise.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im having the same freeze issue with those two installed -WebMan and IrisMan, but Im on 4.9 HFW/HEN. Sucks. I love both those two homebrews but they don't play well together. Here's a pain in the ass workaround I have been using:
(Use WebMan) You can't uninstall WebMan on the fly but you can IrisMan, so I uninstall Irisman (then restart) and it is fine using WebMan. I copied the PKG file for IrisMan to the internal hdd, so it easy to reinstall whenever need to use it.
(Use IrisMan) Goto WebMan Setup thru XMD, scroll down to "Unload webMAN" from memory, press x. Now go back and install the IrisMan PKG and it will run fine. To renable webman after finished using IrisMan, repeat (Use WebMan) steps above.

Last edited by BigOnYa,

XFoxPrower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im having the same freeze issue with those two installed -WebMan and IrisMan, but Im on 4.9 HFW/HEN. Sucks. I love both those two homebrews but they don't play well together. Here's a pain in the ass workaround I have been using:
(Use WebMan) You can't uninstall WebMan on the fly but you can IrisMan, so I uninstall Irisman (then restart) and it is fine using WebMan. I copied the PKG file for IrisMan to the internal hdd, so it easy to reinstall whenever need to use it.
(Use IrisMan) Goto WebMan Setup thru XMD, scroll down to "Unload webMAN" from memory, press x. Now go back and install the IrisMan PKG and it will run fine. To renable webman after finished using IrisMan, repeat (Use WebMan) steps above.
I gave up on the 90+ hour format (it kept adding time) and aborted (Why's it let you do that if it bricks the HDD?). So the HDD is now unbootable with no option to reformat again. Maybe a PC (Don't have one) could save it but it's being returned. I had no issues with my new 1T WD Blue HDD (don't remember the model# but it was on shelves at Best Buy). Never had a file copy crash nor issues with IrisMan and Webman Mod working together either. One thing I'm sure of is the in-menu format doesn't wipe everything, and that's a problem for reinstalling software when it's not a clean slate at all.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: LMAO