Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ps3-3d-02-14-2010.jpg
QUOTE said:
We'd already heard that the PS3 wouldn't need anything more than a simple firmware update to make the jump to 3D, and it looks like we now have the first evidence of that very firmware update. It's obviously not ready for public consumption just yet, but a debug build of the 3.20 firmware is apparently now making the rounds among developers, and it quite clearly includes a "3D Video Output" option in the settings -- as evidenced by this image courtesy of VG247. Still no word of an exact release date for the firmware, unfortunately, although it should be out sometime this summer.
Source

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
somewhere I heard that as long as your tv outputs 120hz that it is 3d ready and all you need is the glasses is this true

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
blitzer320 said:
somewhere I heard that as long as your tv outputs 120hz that it is 3d ready and all you need is the glasses is this true

It's a different technique sadly
frown.gif
A 100Hz tv would even be sufficient (for 50hz display which isn't too bad).
In school we have this (older?) technique where all you need is 100 hz and shutter glasses that blocks out each eye at the right time... works really good!
oh, and also some sync device. pretty much like the guitar hero dongles for example. so the glasses know when it should block which eye. really easy tech and wouldn't need people to buy new tv's.. but that's why that tech isn't used... they wanna sell new tv's!

The 3d tv's that is used now are polarized or something, where you bend and block the lightwaves instead... => needing a new tv...

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Issac said:
blitzer320 said:

frown.gif
In school we have this (older?) technique where all you need is 100 hz and shutter glasses that blocks out each eye at the right time... works really good!
oh, and also some sync device. pretty much like the guitar hero dongles for example. so the glasses know when it should block which eye. really easy tech and wouldn't need people to buy new tv's.. but that's why that tech isn't used... they wanna sell new tv's!

The 3d tv's that is used now are polarized or something, where you bend and block the lightwaves instead... => needing a new tv...

I dunno, at the CDC (I think) there were still 3D systems being shown with the shutter glasses, on SOny TVs no less (if I remember right)
But remember, polarising glasses are cheaper than Shutter and don't need batteries making the polarising ones the better choice in the long run

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Jamstruth said:
Issac said:
blitzer320 said:

frown.gif

I dunno, at the CDC (I think) there were still 3D systems being shown with the shutter glasses, on SOny TVs no less (if I remember right)
But remember, polarising glasses are cheaper than Shutter and don't need batteries making the polarising ones the better choice in the long run

I really think that it should be made an option... for those who just bought a really expensive tv... doing 100 hz...
frown.gif
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.