Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.areyougoingtostalkme.wtf
XP
Country
Japan
Hey there:]
It's about the FreeDVD Exploit for all PS2 Slims!

I noticed some Peaple had Problems with it and i did some trying. This worked for me on some Errors:

---PS2 cant read burned DVD with FunTuna:

I tried DVD-RW 3 Times and it does not work with them on my Slim

Suggestion: Use DVD-R and for smaller Games CDs (my ones are Intenso DVD-R 4.7GB 16x)
It worked first try with them:]

-no experience from my side with CDs...-

-> Blank DVD Quality varies quiet a lot,but 'Verbatim' ones have a very good reputation in the Community and for a long Time

->using DVD-R or DVD+R does make a difference

-> Rewritables (called 'RW') are not recommended,they will hurt the Laser.

-> Some Games (Most of them which are 700mb or less need CDs instead of DVD's)

---PS2 can read the DVD but turns to Black Screen after some seconds or loses Signal

Suggestion:

If connected to Scart for example,Switch the TV to HDMI Mode and Back to Scart.(While the PS2 is still turned on and Running the DVD) That fixes the Black Screen i had (btw this is also helpfull with the FreeDVDBoot ESR Patcher for PS2)

---I cannot burn the FunTuna .iso to Disc

Suggestion: Some Peaple do not extract the fiel from .zip Files on the Internet. Check for .iso extansion

Some Peaple recommend using 7zip instead of WinRar,WinRar seems to break things sometimes

This is what worked out Hope it helps:D

P.S.: this is considered a bad Thread by me,feel free to make a better one. (i had to rush this out between work Times)

Have a Great Day and if needed,Link the better Troubleshoot down in the Comments:]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o