Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
Gahars said:
It's nice to see companies finally learning. This is some pretty good news.

Now if only all DVD manufacturers would follow suit so I could watch the Garth Merenghi's Darkplace DVD here. That show deserves a place on my shelf, damn it!
buy a cheap dvd rom drive for your pc and set the drive to the region the dvd is on, you can change the region code on the drive but only 5 times then its locked out forever

I only have a laptop, and that doesn't really sound like it's worth the effort. I'll just have to use the episodes I came in possession of through completely legitimate means online in the mean time.

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
And no one here supposes that Nintendo could roll out an update that removes region-locking?

You know, if they DID do that, their game sales would probably rocket, too.
rofl.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ace Faith said:
And no one here supposes that Nintendo could roll out an update that removes region-locking?

You know, if they DID do that, their game sales would probably rocket, too.
rofl.gif

Why do people think that importing is such a huge thing? I mean there are people who important but it's never a huge amount. I've never imported a game. I don't think any of my friends did. It's only for a few people and would probably not effect sales, especially in this whole wave of casual gaming. You think casual gamers even know where to import stuff? Or if they even care?

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
I've never imported a game. I don't think any of my friends did.

Well no, but then you live in a country where games often get their release a good 6 months before other English speaking countries. My local indie games shop stocked import US DS games on the shelf for the same price as EU games for any kid or parent to buy ages before their official release, same with certain 360 games. Importing may be for "hobbiest" gamers in the US who want to play niche Japanese titles or just can't wait to play the game in English, but don't think it's like that everywhere.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
s4mid4re said:
zanfire said:
thats one of the better pieces of news for the PSV....i really dont get why any system has region lock, it seems like a pure pain in the ass for the sake of being a pain in the ass.
Most likely to prevent people from importing games, since the rating varies per region (CERO, ESRB, PEGI, etc).
It wouldn't be because of the rating, it would be because of licensing issues.

Maedhros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
SamAsh07 said:
We already knew PS Vita was going to be region free -.-
No, we didn't. Unless you consider: "Michael Denny, Sony's Vice President of Sony Worldwide Studios Europe, confirmed that - to the best of his knowledge - Vita would be region free. " as confirmation. Which isn't.

Maedhros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Maz7006 said:
SamAsh07 said:
We already knew PS Vita was going to be region free -.-

what he said - can't find exactly where but i remember reading about it.
Read my post. It wasn't confirmed until now. Just "to the best of the knowlegde" isn't the same as "yes, it is".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-