Proof-of-concept shows 3DS emulator Citra running on the Nintendo Switch

citra on switch.png

Just a few days after Citra, the popular 3DS emulator, was officially released for Android devices, we report on new developments about the software. Yes, as the title suggests, someone has been working on getting Citra to work on the Nintendo Switch. Fellow GBAtemp member @m4xw shared his progress a couple of hours ago on Twitter showing Citra running natively with dynarec, under Horizon, on the Nintendo Switch. He does clarify that there are several issues to be fixed. For instance, he admits to the presence of many bugs and that it needs to be rebased onto the recent release. Moreover, there is a significant frame deviation that still needs looking into.

However, as you can see in the videos they uploaded, this proof-of-concept does show promise. Indeed, m4xwdev further mentioned that the videos are from the first compiled build and that "nothing big broke so far". These developments strongly suggests that it's only a matter of time before we can decently play 3DS titles on the Switch.
:arrow: SOURCE

Attachments

• citratest.png
    citratest.png
    643.6 KB · Views: 310
Last edited by Tom Bombadildo,

Deleted member 446461

Trophies
XP
Interesting.

I think this could make up for my water-damaged 3DS.

Then again, it's nothing compared to having the actual console, since, well... it stopped production. It's something special, and it feels bad that you en

Last edited by Deleted member 446461, , Reason: Why did the website show me my post twice?

mspy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Still being worked on?
I know that m4xw has a RetroArch Citra core behind a paywall on his patreon, is this it or this is a stanalone version?

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still being worked on?
I know that m4xw has a RetroArch Citra core behind a paywall on his patreon, is this it or this is a stanalone version?
It's the same one. Not worth it yet. Idk if it's still being seriously worked on

mspy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just noticed that there is a citra core uploaded here on gba download section under nintendo switch emulators.
Wonder who made that.

JayBae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was waiting for this.... hope this gets somewhere! Then I can back up all my games from my CFW 3DS on to my switch XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *burp*