Gaming Project X Zone - Official discussion thread

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok kite having data drain as a special is rediculously cool. I love the .hack games and i just had a nerdgasm when he used it, i dunno how exsactly this game works but if i can then im going to make kite/blackrose my main two.

Little help of stuff iv worked out for people who (like me) had no idea what they were doing at first:
- If you stand near another character when you attack an enemy, they become your support and you use R to bring them out during the fight
- Some characters have solo assists with them, use them with L
- When you get the XP bar to 100% you can press Y in battle to use an uber attack (which is badass)
- Press X on the map screen to bring up inventory with heals

Questions about the controls and gameplay tho:
- I assume timing attacks well so they flow from each other causes alot of damage (yellow damage) normal damage is white but what is "blue" damage?
- What does the X cross mean? or is it just a signal to say that you and a support/solo are attacking at the same time?
- How do you select between different character if you want to move them first on the map screen?
From what I know:
-Timing attacks increases your combo which in turn increases the chance of a crit (yellow attack). I think blue damage is blocked or partly blocked damage.
-When an X-cross is active the enemy will just stay floating in midair instead of falling to the ground so you won't lose your combo.
-I don't think this is possible, order is predetermined, probably by speed stat or something.

From what I saw in the demo this looks like it'll be rather similar to OG Saga Endless Frontier. Bosses with tons of HP that can take 20 minutes to kill and them having an attack that will pretty much oneshot your characters, so you better have revival items/abilities. And the 100% uber attacks are still awesome.

Reactions: 2dere and Terenigma

ashxu

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Glad they kept the original Japanese voices. I don't have faith that they'd make good English VOs.

The demo was cool but unless it goes for cheap I probably won't buy it as I don't know many of the characters let alone care for many of them. Kinda lazy how they just traced over Street Fighter 4 for Ryu and Ken's special move.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played the demo. I guess its "Demo A" or whatever. Beat it in one go.

The combat was kinda cool, but took FOREVER. And eventually i found myself getting bored, even if it was only though one small demo battle.

Reactions: Jiehfeng

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The demo felt too long for you? I beat it pretty dang quickly.

That aside, the demo was interesting, but, as interesting as it is it doesn't appeal to me.

ShadowNeko003

~Nyah~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got the game in the mail. I hope the chapters don't take like 2 hours each to finish like in NxC. (Characters and monsters kept popping up and jumping in). So yeah, the battles do drag sometimes.

The good thing about PxZ is that its about 30 chapters long compared to NxC, which was 50 (and I'm still only at 25!)

I don't know much of Sega stuff, aside from Sonic, so everyone there is new to me.

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I just got the game in the mail. I hope the chapters don't take like 2 hours each to finish like in NxC. (Characters and monsters kept popping up and jumping in). So yeah, the battles do drag sometimes.

The good thing about PxZ is that its about 30 chapters long compared to NxC, which was 50 (and I'm still only at 25!)

I don't know much of Sega stuff, aside from Sonic, so everyone there is new to me.

The Prologue alone was divided in 4 episodes. THE FUCKING Prologue. Can you imagine the rest of the game?

DaggerV

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hmm, I'm refraining from picking this up due to what's out next month, but I might in time. I tend to frown on shorter games but this sounds like it might last?

ShadowNeko003

~Nyah~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you imagine bein on Ch 25 and thinking "I'm almost done. I think there's only about 30 chapters" and looking it up and finding out there's 50 chapters! And they take like 2+ hours to complete!

I'm on the prologue with Chun Li (3rd one). The prologues arent bad.

It's a good thing there's a quick save function for both games. I started to fall asleep during some of the chapters on NxC

DaggerV

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, Rune Factory 4 got pushed back I guess? So I'll likely pick this up turn of the month.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY