Gaming Project X Zone - Official discussion thread

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll start the hype train. OMG THIS LOOKS AMAZING! I SEE SO MANY COOL CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my most notable Yuri from Tales of Vesperia!!!!!!!!!! shew, now that that's over. hope this will come to other regions.
I'm just surprised that .Hack is even being mentioned in this day-and-age, let alone included!!!

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm just surprised that .Hack is even being mentioned in this day-and-age, let alone included!!!

.Hack is a legend. One of the best rpg series ever made. =3
Besides, they released a PSP game and a PS3 fighting game not so long ago.
The series still aren't dead.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If only they were in English.....or at least the PSP one (don't have a PS3, so I don't care. lol)

I think there was an ongoing translation somewhere. Can't recall where though.

Reactions: SuzieJoeBob

ichidansan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

.hack is an epic series any rpg player in the know would always think of it when thinking of rpgs. though, I just happen to like Tales better. i also think there were a few recent games from .hack as well

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.hack is an epic series any rpg player in the know would always think of it when thinking of rpgs. though, I just happen to like Tales better. i also think there were a few recent games from .hack as well
I LOVE .Hack, but I was just saying that you rarely hear about it in North America, so this caught me off guard a little.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Demo is out and i had no idea what this was but its god damn AWESOME!

At first i was completely lost, i thought it was a stratagy game then i see Ryu and im like WTF then i see Characters from .hack and blackrose im like O.O then the "fight" parts are pick a move but play out like a 2D fighter with combo's and crazyness going on and its all so pretty!! ^.^ Each character has music custom to what game they are from too and its a total nerdgasm when the ryu's theme came on and him and ken fireballed the crap outta some enemies. (one i recognised being from space channel 5)

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
It's fun and flashy and the music is awesome. But I've heard it's a bit on the easy side and fights can go on for a long time. Sooo not sure if I should buy it on release. But I am really hyped for all the characters in this game. It's an amazing feeling when you recognise the characters you know.

Also this demo is Demo A so I'm hoping for a Demo B with Tales of Vesperia, Resident Evil and Megaman ^o^

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's fun and flashy and the music is awesome. But I've heard it's a bit on the easy side and fights can go on for a long time. Sooo not sure if I should buy it on release. But I am really hyped for all the characters in this game. It's an amazing feeling when you recognise the characters you know.

Also this demo is Demo A so I'm hoping for a Demo B with Tales of Vesperia, Resident Evil and Megaman ^o^

You can preorder it for £25 off Amazon so it might be worth risking it.

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
You can preorder it for £25 off Amazon so it might be worth risking it.
We'll see. Animal Crossing takes priority though. But they're a few weeks apart so I reckon I could get enough money by then ^_^
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/23/project-x-zone-gets-a-second-demo-in-europe-next-month/
There you have your Demo B. :P
I really loved the demo, it was a bit short tho. But damn, that Aya-Me got lots of HP.
Awesomeness. Haven't played Ghosts 'n Goblins so any characters I know will come at a good surprise.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok kite having data drain as a special is rediculously cool. I love the .hack games and i just had a nerdgasm when he used it, i dunno how exsactly this game works but if i can then im going to make kite/blackrose my main two.

Little help of stuff iv worked out for people who (like me) had no idea what they were doing at first:
- If you stand near another character when you attack an enemy, they become your support and you use R to bring them out during the fight
- Some characters have solo assists with them, use them with L
- When you get the XP bar to 100% you can press Y in battle to use an uber attack (which is badass)
- Press X on the map screen to bring up inventory with heals

Questions about the controls and gameplay tho:
- I assume timing attacks well so they flow from each other causes alot of damage (yellow damage) normal damage is white but what is "blue" damage?
- What does the X cross mean? or is it just a signal to say that you and a support/solo are attacking at the same time?
- How do you select between different character if you want to move them first on the map screen?

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
Questions about the controls and gameplay tho:
- I assume timing attacks well so they flow from each other causes alot of damage (yellow damage) normal damage is white but what is "blue" damage?
- What does the X cross mean? or is it just a signal to say that you and a support/solo are attacking at the same time?
- How do you select between different character if you want to move them first on the map screen?

1) I'm not too sure but I think blue is critical damage
2) Cross means that the enemy is held in place. This happens when you and an assist/solo character(s) attack at the same time
3) You can't. Character's move in a certain order which I'm guessing is determined by character speed. The best you can do is skip a character's turn by pressing B

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: