• Views 2,077,406
  • Replies 1,683
  • Likes 90

Chrysalis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just returned from a short vacation and I've found the first episode has been released. What a great surprise!

I'd like to thank the team for all the time and hard work they have put into the translation. I'm starting with episode 1 right now! :)

PS. The process of creating and applying the update file is really easy following your howto.

Last edited by Chrysalis,

mike4001

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Since the other thread is appartently closed I write it here:

Good job everyone. Tried it out for a little bit yesterday but I will probably wait before more episodes are released before I really start getting into it :-)

@Uwabami: Can you maybe now shed a little bit of a light on the technical problems you had before which caused you not to release the first episode? - Where there crashes or things you did not know how to replace? (It was just my understanding that translation of episode 1 was basically done but there were other problems)

Would be interesting for some of us I belive :)

Reactions: Uwabami

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Since the other thread is appartently closed I write it here:

Good job everyone. Tried it out for a little bit yesterday but I will probably wait before more episodes are released before I really start getting into it :-)

@Uwabami: Can you maybe now shed a little bit of a light on the technical problems you had before which caused you not to release the first episode? - Where there crashes or things you did not know how to replace? (It was just my understanding that translation of episode 1 was basically done but there were other problems)

Would be interesting for some of us I belive :)
That will probably the topic of a blog post soon.

Reactions: Friendsxix

Rafuki21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I know you can't say a clear date, but how long will it take to translate each episode? Is it too optimistic to think that every 4 months will be a new chapter?
Thank you a lot!

Reactions: mwahaha

mwahaha

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I know you can't say a clear date, but how long will it take to translate each episode? Is it too optimistic to think that every 4 months will be a new chapter?
Thank you a lot!

That's what I thought, too. And one more, can someone without any proficiency in English can be a typestter, too? If episode 3-5 still not typeset yet, I would want to volunteer to typeset them.

SeldomMowbray

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey, I am not good with all the technical stuff.

Is there someone that could help me?
I need to know what I need to prepare to play this game.

I am from Germany. English is no problem but German would make things easier. Thanks for your effort!

shahanshah

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry, but people need to fuck off and stop posting spoilers. This isn't a thread talking about the actual game, it's a thread about the fan translation where 99% of people in here haven't played it. Anyone posting spoilers either has malintent or is so fucking stupid and oblivious they shouldn't be posting in the first place.
Do you know how bad of a spoiler it was? Only for case 1, or for the whole game? I can't play it yet. PM it if that's better for the sake of others

BroBuzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you know how bad of a spoiler it was? Only for case 1, or for the whole game? I can't play it yet. PM it if that's better for the sake of others
I have no idea, haven't played the game yet. I'm assuming it was bad because he talked about a villain and a DGS character being that game's equivalent to a mainline character.
He could've been bullshitting too and just speculating. But I'm more inclined to believe he was just an oblivious retard who didn't know better.

Last edited by BroBuzz,

Rapadespic

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just finished Episode 1 a moment ago and it was really amazing, so I though I'll create this account just to thank you.
I've been following this project since its annoucement so I was really excited when I heard the first chapter was finally coming out and after finishing it, I can say that it was worth the wait ! The translation is very solid and all the interface (like evidences in the Court Record or bubbles speech) being in english feels like this is could have been an official translation made by Capcom!
That being said, I still disagree with your point of view regarding piracy and its impact on the fan translation, but I'm sure this issue have already been thoroughly discussed in this thread. It would be nice if you could turn back on your decision when the translation will be complete, but I can understand your reasons for doing it that way and I respect your opinion on the matter.
Anyway in short: Many thanks to everyone involved in this project, I'm really looking forward to the release of Episode 2 ! Again great job and good luck with the rest !

Reactions: SMVB64 and Rafuki21

scionae

*clicking circles*
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey!
Are you working on the translation of episode 2?
I'll start playing Ep.1 right now, I hope ep.2 will come soon!
Good job guys, keep it up <3

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
I have no idea, haven't played the game yet. I'm assuming it was bad because he talked about a villain and a DGS character being that game's equivalent to a mainline character.
He could've been bullshitting too and just speculating. But I'm more inclined to believe he was just an oblivious retard who didn't know better.

For someone who does so many assumptions, you sure like to argue in bad faith and assume this was a "spoiler".
In a post with zero information and zero names about DGS no less, and you not having a single clue about the game, yet you can somehow say it's a spoiler.

Just admit you want an easy excuse to be rude to online strangers for no reason (considering you and your friends had no problems dropping actual huge spoilers in this thread). Or that the nonexistent spoiler isn't the real reason behind your fit of anger, but the rest of the reply (against the harassment of the translation team) annoyed you and you were too cowardly to openly disagree with that and wanted an easy derail.

darklord1013

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two questions on my mind. 1. Will the patch still be available with Hans? And 2. Is the Dgs 2 demo in the process of being translated like the first games demo?

lylandackey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

crazyLoudmouth

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Guys, if you do the entire translation for DGS on the 3DS it would be wonderful if you do it for smatphones too, I think a lot more people would be able to play it this way. I'm a big fan of Ace Attorney and actually have no way to play the 3DS translation sadly. Otherwise great job for everything you've done this far, you're all awesome!

dmc310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, if you do the entire translation for DGS on the 3DS it would be wonderful if you do it for smatphones too, I think a lot more people would be able to play it this way. I'm a big fan of Ace Attorney and actually have no way to play the 3DS translation sadly. Otherwise great job for everything you've done this far, you're all awesome!
jeez relax man let the 3ds version get finished 1st

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did someone with the Discord discriminator #6016 apply for membership on our team? They forgot to give us their username so we don't have any means to contact them. Please try again if that was you.

Are you working on the translation of episode 2?
Yep.

I have two questions on my mind. 1. Will the patch still be available with Hans? And 2. Is the Dgs 2 demo in the process of being translated like the first games demo?
1.) Maybe. We're trying, but CFW will always be the preferred way.
2.) One of our translators planned on doing it while playing it - they're currently a little busy, so don't expect it any time soon. We also need to do some hacking to make it work...

We're looking into that, but it's low priority and we can't make any promises. Supporting Android would be more likely than iOS I guess, since iOS would require a jailbreak. Don't expect it any time soon, though.

Xmortal

Other Nickname Legarad
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Why the fuck do you need a Japanese physics game? Not every country can import a game.

Why can’t I use my legally purchased eShop copy of the game?
We have decided to implement an anti-piracy mechanism in our patch. To patch your game, you need a physical copy. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this!

If I had bought a Japanese 3DS with the digital game, I would not accept an apology, since you are forcing me to buy a game that I already have. Also antipiracy is no excuse, since you are already doing something illegal under the terms of the contract of Nintendo.

Additionally, I think the project is unfair than when it is not for everyone. All games translated here in GBATemp do not require physical original game

Last edited by Xmortal,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel