• Views 2,077,371
  • Replies 1,683
  • Likes 90

thenon-fictiondays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, are you still looking for editors/translators to join the team? I did some editing for the team that did all the original subbing work and thought I could help out here if you're interested :)

mscoopo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not yet. We'll probably do it later (if we do it) and I guess team members have dibs on the popular roles anyways ;)
I hope DGS2 does well. I really like the setting and the game play. Even if we never get the games here I don't want to see them just end it. Plus if you guys are able to do it we won't have to worry about official translations. I hope you guys can and will continue with DGS2 and whatever comes after it, if anything

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So any updates? I don't mean to rush anything just want to know at what pace the project is going. If you think this info could bring up people rushing you to do the game faster then you don't need to tell me. Also wanna say the work is appreciated and as one of the people who worked on the Investigations 2 fan localization I am here to help with anything you might need. (except for the things I can't really do such as translating from japanese or programming --') But anything from proofreading to searching for bugs/glitches is something I could do. Then again those are things that are needed more to the end of the project and might not have much relevance in the beggining. Anyway good luck with the rest!

Reactions: darklord1013

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
So any updates? I don't mean to rush anything just want to know at what pace the project is going. If you think this info could bring up people rushing you to do the game faster then you don't need to tell me. Also wanna say the work is appreciated and as one of the people who worked on the Investigations 2 fan localization I am here to help with anything you might need. (except for the things I can't really do such as translating from japanese or programming --') But anything from proofreading to searching for bugs/glitches is something I could do. Then again those are things that are needed more to the end of the project and might not have much relevance in the beggining. Anyway good luck with the rest!

Please stop.
What makes you think a visual novel translation was suddenly completed by leprauchauns overnight since their last reply? (which was only yesterday by the way) This is as annoying and unnerving as you could guess it is.
Also guess what, these sorts of replies cause motivation to be drained and time best spent elsewhere on fullfilling life activities or the translation project proper is now spent replying to these pointless posts just polluting and derailing threads without anything productive happening because of them. These projects run on passion. Do the math.

It's a nice thing you got the chance to be involved with Investigations 2, in what can only be beta testing. But that's not useful help for this team probably, and they said (repeatedly) they're not hiring. Someone more rude would tell you it doesn't count as actual "working on the project" (though I disagree, just look at Capcom's official Ace Attorney translations full with typos) but it comes off as a bit arrogant here, and as if you're repeating "patch when" one more time just sugarcoated with some "credentials" to make it more credible. Please don't do that.

@Uwabami
I really hope the last few pages of this thread didn't leave a bad aftertaste in you as much as I think they would have.
The internet can be a place where negativity and stupidity are amplified and basic decency foregone, and I feel second-hand embarrassment at displays of such aspects on this very topic, and I wish this didn't get to you.

Rest assured your efforts whether they bear fruit or not, and whenever they come out and even beyond that, will be appreciated to their true value and for the passion behind it by so many people around the world.

And that a salty would-be "editor"'s opinions about your "laziness" and your work's "bad quality" are largely inconsequential as much as they're removed from reality, and at best a farce. Your work will attract hatred from some people annoyed with your translation choices, same factor discouraging Capcom themselves from an official release. It's the new cool thing to hate on fan-translations and fan works in general and get them C&D'ed whenever the occasion presents itself, but be assured your work is giving this game the translation that better represents it and its themes and subtleties. Someone is doing a re-translation for the original Ace Attorney as of now, so the demand is there for authentic translations that aren't necessarily Babelfish or NES-era grammar things as their haters love so much to misrepresent and strawman.

Have a nice day :)

And by the way, was it ever confirmed DGS1 and DGS2 would be bundled in one single package, like the Fire Emblem Fates/BoxBoy/Gunvolt "special editions"? I see this repeated so much.

Last edited by GHANMI,
Reactions: SkittleDash

linkenski

Trophies
XP
Country
I feel like I made insinuations that wasn't intended, and I didn't mean to rush, but I guess I bumped up the thread to pry a little, considering I have no real idea about what the schedule is. So, sorry if that seemed destructive. I know I've been critical before but I'm over that, trust me. I was just in an Ace Attorney mood and making my routine check on GBATemp topics.

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
I feel like I made insinuations that wasn't intended, and I didn't mean to rush, but I guess I bumped up the thread to pry a little, considering I have no real idea about what the schedule is. So, sorry if that seemed destructive. I know I've been critical before but I'm over that, trust me. I was just in an Ace Attorney mood and making my routine check on GBATemp topics.

The catch is. there's no schedule :P
It's done when it's done.
There's no deadline, or a financial incentive to keep that deadline. Companies pay employees to keep deadlines.
Not that you'd want to involve money in fan translations and risk getting the IP holders involved faster than light. I'm not implying throwing money at problems is the universal solution and everyone gets how wrong that idea is.

Your derail was pretty bad (though I understand how what was intended as an innocuous joke could snowball that way, Poe's law and all of that), but it's not as bad or mean-spirited as some other stuff here.

Ideally, moving on from all of that, and letting bygones be bygones, would make this thread a much more pleasant read.

Last edited by GHANMI,
Reactions: Abu_Senpai

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
We'll post in this thread once there is an update, don't worry. And sorry, we don't hire anyone until we've released Episode 1, except for people with a high reputation in the scene or people other members can vouch for. Even then, we won't hire testers. because in our experience, they come in, play once and then burn out and disappear. We have a circle of befriended groups and people who will do the beta testing for us.

@Uwabami
I really hope the last few pages of this thread didn't leave a bad aftertaste in you as much as I think they would have.
The internet can be a place where negativity and stupidity are amplified and basic decency foregone, and I feel second-hand embarrassment at displays of such aspects on this very topic, and I wish this didn't get to you.
No worries, I have a thick skin and I moved to ignoring people now.

Rest assured your efforts whether they bear fruit or not, and whenever they come out and even beyond that, will be appreciated to their true value and for the passion behind it by so many people around the world.
I'm pretty much the only one posting here, but I'm by far not the only one or the most passionate on this project. We do have slumps sometimes when work is stressful or exams are coming up - but don't worry, we'll get there.

And that a salty would-be "editor"'s opinions about your "laziness" and your work's "bad quality" are largely inconsequential as much as they're removed from reality, and at best a farce. Your work will attract hatred from some people annoyed with your translation choices, same factor discouraging Capcom themselves from an official release. It's the new cool thing to hate on fan-translations and fan works in general and get them C&D'ed whenever the occasion presents itself, but be assured your work is giving this game the translation that better represents it and its themes and subtleties. Someone is doing a re-translation for the original Ace Attorney as of now, so the demand is there for authentic translations that aren't necessarily Babelfish or NES-era grammar things as their haters love so much to misrepresent and strawman.
We had a few of those, but the most shit came from one single person with a bunch of sock-puppet accounts. He's banned on many platforms now so that's nice. Also, since we've released the Demo, the demands for "americanization" have mostly ceased as well.

And by the way, was it ever confirmed DGS1 and DGS2 would be bundled in one single package, like the Fire Emblem Fates/BoxBoy/Gunvolt "special editions"? I see this repeated so much.
Yes, you can preorder two different bundles on sites like play-asia.com - there's simple DGS1+DGS2+Mini OST bundle for around $70 and a more luxurious one for $135 with DGS1, DGS2, DramaCD, "Money Box", "Special Note", Pencil Set and Mini OST. You can probably find other sites like it, just search for "Dai Gyakuten Saiban".

We've had worse, no worries.

The catch is. there's no schedule :P
It's done when it's done.
There's no deadline, or a financial incentive to keep that deadline. Companies pay employees to keep deadlines.
Not that you'd want to involve money in fan translations and risk getting the IP holders involved faster than light. I'm not implying throwing money at problems is the universal solution and everyone gets how wrong that idea is.

Your derail was pretty bad (though I understand how what was intended as an innocuous joke could snowball that way, Poe's law and all of that), but it's not as bad or mean-spirited as some other stuff here.

Ideally, moving on from all of that, and letting bygones be bygones, would make this thread a much more pleasant read.
It wasn't that bad, and the thread is mostly bickering anyways already. You're right about the schedule thing, though - some people don't seem to understand this is a hobby for us and we all have jobs or school as well as family and friends. We can't work on this 8 or more hours a day and some stuff needs tinkering to get it right.

Reactions: GHANMI

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Poor and jaundiced is he!