• Views 2,076,763
  • Replies 1,683
  • Likes 90

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Besides, do you even need CFW or softmods? Doesn't HANS and other apps that are non-intrusive to a genuine and Sysnand-only 3DS-es allow you to use homebrew and romhacks without technically violating Nintendo's Terms of Service?
There are reports of users being banned who swear they only used region free hax and never had a CFW. So I guess playing out-of-region games might get you banned as well.

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
What sort of services are banned?

Online functions on games is banned to anyone who received a ban from the recent banwave. That's it. Best way to check is viewing your friends list. If you get 002-0102, you're banned.

Last edited by SkittleDash,

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Reactions: paperycandy

Wilrick

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey I just registered just so I can follow this thread ! Also, I have a few questions I'm pretty sure you've already answered but I can't seem to find them ( sorry the last pages were solely about 3DS bans ) ^^

First of all, thank you all for the all the effort you are putting into this project. You're a ray of hope for every american/european AA fans who want to play this game !

What's your progress until now ?

I kow you released the demo translation. Unfortunately, I can't play it since my 3DS is on 11.4 ( damn Sm4sh ! ). so I was wondering if the demo and the whole game could work on CITRA ?

...Sorry again if I'm being redundant and also sorry for the english mistakes, I'm not a native :)

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hey I just registered just so I can follow this thread ! Also, I have a few questions I'm pretty sure you've already answered but I can't seem to find them ( sorry the last pages were solely about 3DS bans ) ^^

First of all, thank you all for the all the effort you are putting into this project. You're a ray of hope for every american/european AA fans who want to play this game !

I kow you released the demo translation. Unfortunately, I can't play it since my 3DS is on 11.4 ( damn Sm4sh ! ). so I was wondering if the demo and the whole game could work on CITRA ?

...Sorry again if I'm being redundant and also sorry for the english mistakes, I'm not a native :)

From what I've learned to far, Episode one is complete but they are ironing out some issues right now.

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Hey, welcome to the thread.

We've finished Episode 1 and most of Episode 2's dialogue. We're currently fixing technical problems before we can release.

No, DGS does not work in Citra nor will we support that use-case if it ever does. Our official release will require a original Game Card to be used as we do not support piracy (because low sales are one of the reasons DGS won't get a western release in the first place).

Don't worry, many of us aren't native speakers...

ombus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, welcome to the thread.

We've finished Episode 1 and most of Episode 2's dialogue. We're currently fixing technical problems before we can release.

No, DGS does not work in Citra nor will we support that use-case if it ever does. Our official release will require a original Game Card to be used as we do not support piracy (because low sales are one of the reasons DGS won't get a western release in the first place).

Don't worry, many of us aren't native speakers...
if its not in english then of course it doesnt have sales... all others ace attorneys had good sales and launched in english.

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just out of curiosity (please nobody get pissed off) are the technical problems really difficult to fix?
Well, it's not trivial our you'd already have it. We have better tools now, but it's still work.

if its not in english then of course it doesnt have sales... all others ace attorneys had good sales and launched in english.
Why are they eShop only then? They're enough to cover costs for the localization and make a decent profit, but I wouldn't say they were "good". If they were, we'd have the game on Cartridges...

I just fucking need it.
I feel you.

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What's your opinion on DGS? Like how good is it and how would you compare it to other AA games? Obviously it must have some merit to warrant a fan translation.
I obviously love it or I wouldn't be working on it. It's different from other AA games - not as whacky, no super-natural stuff, new mechanics like Joint Reasoning and multiple wintesses like in Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright. There are no real ties to the main series, they only imply that two characters are ancestors of established characters. That's it.

To be perfectly honest, the game could easily work without any ties to the main series at all and it wouldn't be any different. That's one of the reasons those calls for americanization were so ridiculous: there are none of the characters you already know and love in this game.

If you haven't already, check out the Demo or watch the video by our own @meuol
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...the-adventure-of-ryuunosuke-naruhodou.455185/

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
No, DGS does not work in Citra nor will we support that use-case if it ever does.

Well in fact, DGS worked on Citra ages ago.
The problem is that it's running in Ubisoft Mode and the bottom screen has severe blinking (Porygon Mode?)
The one thing that displays correctly is the message box.

And of course, the audio and framerate isn't an ideal experience by any stretch.
This hasn't changed by much over the recent versions and won't for a while.

Even besides the piracy concerns, I'd understand perfectly well why no one in the translation team would want to do technical support for THIS:

great ace attorney2.png

Great Ace Attorney
Genre: Murder-mystery Horror

Last edited by GHANMI,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1