• Views 2,076,789
  • Replies 1,683
  • Likes 90

alter_eigo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't ignore it, I just didn't understand why you chose Naruhodou when the name box is Naruhodo. You could have just posted that screenshot in the first place instead of being a dick, which you continue to be.

Cutting in here. There has been numerous questions like yours posted to the team. Most of them has come off as a thinly disguised challenge/nitpick asked in the same tone, and it's getting really silly to have to give reasons every time someone asks, who then press further. We have numerous translators in here. We do discussions. If we find that something is not suitable, we change it. Please respect our decisions. We're not doing it blindly, nor disregarding the materials given without reasons.

Last edited by alter_eigo,

AttackOtter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cutting in here. There has been numerous questions like yours posted to the team. Most of them has come off as a thinly disguised challenge/nitpick asked in the same tone, and it's getting really silly to have to give reasons every time someone asks, who then press further. We have numerous translators in here. We do discussions. If we find that something is not suitable, we change it. Please respect our decisions. We're not doing it blindly, nor disregarding the materials given without reasons.
And again, I was asking out of genuine confusion and not understanding because I did not understand why you guys made that decision. I wasn't trying to "question your decisions" I just didn't understand.

alter_eigo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And again, I was asking out of genuine confusion and not understanding because I did not understand why you guys made that decision. I wasn't trying to "question your decisions" I just didn't understand.

I fully understand where you're coming from. Once again, it's getting overly silly to explain at each and every turn. Translations aren't always clear cut, and it might seem from your pov that Naruhodo was the correct translation, given the name text. However, after looking at the kanji and the initial introduction, we decided to stick with dou, since that particular pronunciation was more accurate.

When I say 'respect our decisions', I do kind of mean it as 'don't try to question too much'. We get these questions way too often, and replying to each and every one of them like this takes time to explain and go through, which isn't our main objective here.

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think it's very telling of this community that we work our butts off and even make this video with our blood, sweat and tears - and the only reply is "MUH, why are you calling him NaruhodOU"?

Sorry to int-erupt this disagreement but @Uwabami @xz11 or any other team member do you guys plan on doing the same translation for DGS2 once that comes out?
Let's cross that bridge when we get there. We haven't even released Episode 1.

Reactions: DarthDub

AttackOtter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's very telling of this community that we work our butts of and even make this video with our blood, sweat and tears - and the only reply is "MUH, why are you calling him NaruhodOU"?

Let's cross that bridge when we get there. We haven't even released Episode 1.
Dude I was just asking a question and the fact that you continue to act rude about it tells more about your professional behavior, and lack thereof, than it does anything about me.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

EmuPlays

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
10/13/2016 -

Look, a video!

Happy Anniversary, Ace Attorney!

Here are some screenshots. We fixed up that font.

Y2C5EdJ.png

vPi9ira.png

6DZqgeI.png

lkl5yNs.png

NVbQv9h.png

W0jXY33.png

qWSqbNE.png

Soon™...?

Hey! That looks so good! But tbh I think that "Sir!" graphic should be updated with the new font. Here's the new font:
UrmPSn4.jpg

(Sorry for no PNG and/or shadows)
It's actually updated, it contains Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice's new letters like the S in caps or G in caps and it's actually better.
And BTW, I think the size of the font from the namw of the character should be bigger(idk if u can do that).

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey! That looks so good! But tbh I think that "Sir!" graphic should be updated with the new font. Here's the new font:
UrmPSn4.jpg

(Sorry for no PNG and/or shadows)
It's actually updated, it contains Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice's new letters like the S in caps or G in caps and it's actually better.
And BTW, I think the size of the font from the namw of the character should be bigger(idk if u can do that).

Please put that in a spoiler tag :ninja:

We're quite happy with the graphic, actually. Why are people only nit-picking everything we do? I worked very hard on the new font...

Last edited by Uwabami,

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
10/13/2016 -

Look, a video!

Happy Anniversary, Ace Attorney!

Here are some screenshots. We fixed up that font.

Y2C5EdJ.png

vPi9ira.png

6DZqgeI.png

lkl5yNs.png

NVbQv9h.png

W0jXY33.png

qWSqbNE.png

Soon™...?

Wow, I'm just flashed by how accurate and well done this translation looks!

Honestly, thank you for taking your free time to give us the chance to enjoy this game. I'm sure everybody here is feeling the same gratefulness towards the work you do.

WarioTails358

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the video, when Naruhodo puts his hands under his neck to think, his eyes are darting/wandering around so to speak. But I never see him do this in the game. Does this mean we can control what parts/which animations play and who does what?
Like can Naruhodou use Asougi's animations or are we limited to what the character can do?

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In the video, when Naruhodo puts his hands under his neck to think, his eyes are darting/wandering around so to speak. But I never see him do this in the game. Does this mean we can control what parts/which animations play and who does what?
Like can Naruhodou use Asougi's animations or are we limited to what the character can do?
The Game allows this, yes. But we can only control the Game to a certain extend at this time, as we don't need to be able to do that for translation purposes. But according to our reversers, animations are limited to their own character. Doesn't mean there aren't animations in the code you just didn't get to see in-game...

Last edited by Uwabami,

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
OBJECTION !!

kidding.. LOL.. anyway, i'm very much excited for this game. I would like to thank everyone for a job well done. This is no easy feat, i tell you. I don't care if it isn't perfect for anyone else, as for me this IS already perfect. Can't wait for the release. Love the video as well. Thank you once again everyone! :)

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Please put that in a spoiler tag :ninja:

We're quite happy with the graphic, actually. Why are people only nit-picking everything we do? I worked very hard on the new font...
Because the project is being so good, people start nitpicking.

I had something similar with a project I did for school that had to be judged by my classmates, and when asked for critique, the classmates just started nitpicking because there weren't any major flaws. Eventually the teacher cut in and stopped it.

EDIT: By the way, I personally think it looks amazing! Keep it up! ;)

Last edited by Ev1l0rd,
Reactions: Uwabami

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Because the project is being so good, people start nitpicking.

I had something similar with a project I did for school that had to be judged by my classmates, and when asked for critique, the classmates just started nitpicking because there weren't any major flaws. Eventually the teacher cut in and stopped it.

EDIT: By the way, I personally think it looks amazing! Keep it up! ;)
Just so there are no misunderstandings. I was referring to the font in the dialogue box. The awesome "SIR!" graphic was made by @SoyAlexPop

Lewt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I personally prefer Naruhodo just because its easier to read :P
But I dont care much, I dont speak Japanese and you probably know more about it than me.

The video is absolutely amazing. Would it technically be possible to create custom cases within the engine? I know thats not happening anytime soon, I'm just curious about if it would work in theory :D

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I personally prefer Naruhodo just because its easier to read :P
But I dont care much, I dont speak Japanese and you probably know more about it than me.

The video is absolutely amazing. Would it technically be possible to create custom cases within the engine? I know thats not happening anytime soon, I'm just curious about if it would work in theory :D
Writing it in the way it appears in the name label is incorrect (correct would have been ナルホドー), though it happens sometimes. It could also have been done to emphasize the pun. There is no doubt about it being a long o-sound, though.

Thanks for the compliment, we worked very hard on that. It's good to see people enjoy our work :)
About the engine: We can control it to some extent, but there's many things we can't do and this also isn't really the objective of this project. Even if we could, custom case-makers like pyWright are much easier than doing this. Scripting this little skit took us two days...

Last edited by Uwabami,

Ryurii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi DGS translation team, just wanted to say, thank you for giving us some hope to play this game! You guys are doing great and did way more than I expected O_O There was no need to change the objection bubble and much easier to just leave all the audio/video intact. (Less work and personally I liked the voice in Japanese) Either way, thank you and great job guys, I do hope I'll be able to play it someday. And that short skit, man...as expected, that took a long time to do, Happy 15th Anniversary Ace Attorney!

Btw reading around, you guys are gonna release the patch and we have to use HANS and homebrew to patch it right? Just wanted to make sure so I can prepare myself. I guess I should get a DGS cart when I get a chance and study up on HANS/homebrew, really new to this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.