Status
Not open for further replies.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, well I think we should all wait before we make assumptions about something we don't know for sure.
I'm just trying to be optimistic and hoping that Menudo is as good as it's advertised. I do appreciate SoulAnger's hard work and I don't think he was in any way wrong to sell his project to a flashcart company. I mean, it must be good enough if a flashcart company wants to use it as their default firmware, right?

Alright, hope everything is going smoothly for you, SoulAnger. It's a bit disappointing to hear that it keeps getting delayed month after month, but can't rush perfection :T

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
tinymonkeyt said:
Hmm, well I think we should all wait before we make assumptions about something we don't know for sure.
I'm just trying to be optimistic and hoping that Menudo is as good as it's advertised. I do appreciate SoulAnger's hard work and I don't think he was in any way wrong to sell his project to a flashcart company. I mean, it must be good enough if a flashcart company wants to use it as their default firmware, right?

Alright, hope everything is going smoothly for you, SoulAnger. It's a bit disappointing to hear that it keeps getting delayed month after month, but can't rush perfection :T
I want this to come out, or at least to see more youtube vids.
Seriously, the only complaints I have with it are the flashcard sellout, and the fact its got so many features that don't maintain a constant theme. (i.e. 1 skin for main menu, another for file browser, another one for the nds rom options menu,ect...)

EDIT:
ShadowEO: well, the original concept was a menu for R4... with one theme.

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Antoligy said:
tinymonkeyt said:

Seriously, the only complaints I have with it are the flashcard sellout, and the fact its got so many features that don't maintain a constant theme. (i.e. 1 skin for main menu, another for file browser, another one for the nds rom options menu,ect...)

EDIT:
More features were planned than a menu, and he didn't sellout to a flashcard company if he did than we would ALL have to pay... Constant themes are still not an issue! DO YOU HAVE PROGRAMS ON YOUR COMPUTER THAT ALL HAVE THE SAME THEME! I'm not talking about Windows Explorer Shell either! NOW BEGONE THEME TROLL!

Hopawarty

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
ShadowEO said:
Antoligy said:
tinymonkeyt said:

EDIT:
More features were planned than a menu, and he didn't sellout to a flashcard company if he did than we would ALL have to pay... Constant themes are still not an issue! DO YOU HAVE PROGRAMS ON YOUR COMPUTER THAT ALL HAVE THE SAME THEME! I'm not talking about Windows Explorer Shell either! NOW BEGONE THEME TROLL!
Objection!
I Beg to differ.
UXTheme.dll patches and other programs such as window blinds, disproves you statement

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hopawarty said:
Antoligy said:
Objection!
I Beg to differ.
UXTheme.dll patches and other programs such as window blinds, disproves you statement
no, that still doesnt make all programs the same. makes the bar at the top of MOST programs similar, but the look of each program is still totally unique. of course some apps can be skinned, and you could track down/make similar skins for each program, but then MENUdo is skinnable, so surely someone could create a theme which is constant, provided every aspect can be skinned.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
ShadowEO said:
Antoligy said:
tinymonkeyt said:

EDIT:
lol, actually yeah. I do have one theme. I don't like looking at my screen and getting a headache. Also,
You call me the theme troll, yet its actually funny how your getting worked up about me. I keep trying to end this troll/ing, yet you respond with useless, stupid and senseless comments.
Seriously, you have become fanboyish about this entire project without even having more than a screenshot.
Now, I know for a fact that this is more that VISHI SO FISHI's Super Brothers failure which I completely trashed and killed last year, but this homebrew project isn't perfect. And you need to realise that.
I'd support SoulAnger anyday, but since you guys said it was better than everything else, what do you expect?

SoulAnger: Ignore these fanboys, they're gonna make this project thread a failure if they continue. I mean, just look at the Cheat Thread. I got it closed the 1st time, and now Narin got it closed until we're done with a little "project", but this thread is heading the same way. I mean, they're fighting amongst themselves even without external influance.
Good luck with your project and seriously try to get a constant theme going, otherwise all your work will be for nothing. I'll still be able to use this.
I and a lot of others will always doubt your decision to sell 100% functionality to a flashcard company.

BakuFunn

Flameproof.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
Hopawarty said:
Antoligy said:
Objection!
I Beg to differ.
no, that still doesnt make all programs the same. makes the bar at the top of MOST programs similar, but the look of each program is still totally unique. of course some apps can be skinned, and you could track down/make similar skins for each program, but then MENUdo is skinnable, so surely someone could create a theme which is constant, provided every aspect can be skinned.
Well Magnifique on OS X leopard does the job fine. System-wide theming, unless the program is ignorant/themes itself.
You can change every aspect.

Actually, on programs with custom bars/ stuff those usually are never themed. Unless you could set the theme, such as Adium, you can just set it to use the system's default (your theme)

And yea, I'm talking about OS X but I'm sure on Windows, there are other similar options.
Things like Chrome and etc will always be ignorant, if that's what you are saying.

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Antoligy said:
ShadowEO said:
Antoligy said:
tinymonkeyt said:

EDIT:
lol, actually yeah. I do have one theme. I don't like looking at my screen and getting a headache. Also,
You call me the theme troll, yet its actually funny how your getting worked up about me. I keep trying to end this troll/ing, yet you respond with useless, stupid and senseless comments.
Seriously, you have become fanboyish about this entire project without even having more than a screenshot.
Now, I know for a fact that this is more that VISHI SO FISHI's Super Brothers failure which I completely trashed and killed last year, but this homebrew project isn't perfect. And you need to realise that.
I'd support SoulAnger anyday, but since you guys said it was better than everything else, what do you expect?

SoulAnger: Ignore these fanboys, they're gonna make this project thread a failure if they continue. I mean, just look at the Cheat Thread. I got it closed the 1st time, and now Narin got it closed until we're done with a little "project", but this thread is heading the same way. I mean, they're fighting amongst themselves even without external influance.
Good luck with your project and seriously try to get a constant theme going, otherwise all your work will be for nothing. I'll still be able to use this.
I and a lot of others will always doubt your decision to sell 100% functionality to a flashcard company.
And your right, I'm sorry for responding with useless and senseless comments. I guess I misunderstood your previous posts and I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, I will stop calling you it now, also I did use the demo and I saw the videos, that is more than a screenshot, I'm just really optimistic, I never implied it was better than everything else. In reality though, I do believe it to be better than my current R4 menu. In short, I'm sorry for getting so worked up, I just hate when people flame a project before it comes out, maybe he'll get the themes consistant in later versions for you. Btw, I saw you registered on my site, How did you like it, We're working on themeing it also, the themes are a little hard to do since the WebOS and Forums are completely different template systems but we're slowly working on it.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Hehe, 81 pages of conversation for an unreleased homebrew, it couldn't be more popular it it was a smash bros ds attempt.
rofl.gif

OneMichael

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
atomicat.com
XP
Country
Canada
updowners said:
spinal_cord said:
Hehe, 81 pages of conversation for an unreleased homebrew, it couldn't be more popular it it was a smash bros ds attempt.
rofl.gif

Or the NSMB2 thing

Edit: Oh here it is http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=103076

...I can't believe I read through the entire thing.
It's funny seeing all that history. And then you see people you recognize, and it's like reading a novel from a favourite author.
Except that half of it is kiddie type, and all of it covered in flames. The last several pages were the best.

You get a lot of the same types of people coming through this thread.
"I WANT A DEMO"
"THIS IS TOTALLY FAKE"
"NO WAT U TALKING AbOUT?"

Honestly, every time I see one of those people just randomly pop in and ask a stupid question, I want to just grab them by the shoulders, turn them around, and guide them right back out the door.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
i just got the ok from soul to post a quick video demonstrating some of the animtions possible with the menudo theme scripter
(keep in mind ths was done with an old build)

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
mercluke said:
i just got the ok from soul to post a quick video demonstrating some of the animtions possible with the menudo theme scripter
(keep in mind ths was done with an old build)

*snip*
Old Build? And still that awesome
ohmy.gif
? OMG...I need it...now XD. No, seriously take your time Soulanger, I can (still) wait. Although a little state report would be very nice
wink.gif

Keep it going, awesome work
bow.gif
!!!

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Hopawarty said:
Aww
frown.gif
you got the beta......lucky kid.
nah, he just gives me some bits and peices on occasion
tongue.gif

those animations were made in the scripting prog for menudo theme making (ds based)

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
mercluke said:
Hopawarty said:
Aww
frown.gif
you got the beta......lucky kid.
nah, he just gives me some bits and peices on occasion
tongue.gif

those animations were made in the scripting prog for menudo theme making (ds based)
dunt lie!! i remember you telling me on irc you get to beta test for soulanger or something!!!!
oh wait...i think you did anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm excited for my birthday even if it doesnt look like it