Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Matt140 said:
Those Beta testers sure are lucky
frown.gif
...But, i'm not that experienced in DS dev-ing, all i've managed to do is fill the top screen with a blue gradient
biggrin.gif
It's more than I've ever done.
Last time I tried programming (many moons ago) was on PC using 'Delphi' (PASCAL based) programming language, & I bet I've forgotten about 90% of it
FrogCry.gif

OneMichael

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
atomicat.com
XP
Country
Canada
I would imagine that .nds plugins would boot into a totally new program.

Regular homebrew applications can be segmented to use external files in its code. If extensions were kept to a certain size, and you could select a limited number of plugins (or have a number associated with each one), you could add different bits of functionality. You could possibly also release an API that would allow other programmers to create modules for your program.

Actually, I like the idea of creating a standard sort of database that several (completely different) homebrews can all share, so that you can add options or whatever on one application and use that same data on the others. I could see it being done.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OneMichael said:
I would imagine that .nds plugins would boot into a totally new program.

Regular homebrew applications can be segmented to use external files in its code. If extensions were kept to a certain size, and you could select a limited number of plugins (or have a number associated with each one), you could add different bits of functionality. You could possibly also release an API that would allow other programmers to create modules for your program.

Actually, I like the idea of creating a standard sort of database that several (completely different) homebrews can all share, so that you can add options or whatever on one application and use that same data on the others. I could see it being done.
yeah, that'd be awesome, having plugins which work with many apps. that way, people could create apps much easier, without having to code loads of functions, just use a library which allows use of plugins. and the plugins would already be available, so instantly an app has loads of features. that would be great. i would try and get the ball rolling on that, but i cant code(yet) so i wouldnt be much use.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Bloody hell - There's me asking for a DEMO & suggesting that Menudo could have Plug-ins.... & up pop all this talk about creating an API/databse multi-functional homebrew etc etc (it's all beyond me)
Never thought any suggestion of mine could bring up so much interest
FrogBigGrin.gif
but I admit I also like the idea of a collection of 'plugins' (or DLL's or whatever you'd like to call them) that Homebrewer's can use.

Just imagine what a would-be developer would think...
'I need a routine for loading in xxxxx file type - but I don't know the file structure of it....
Hang on !! there's a plug-in that someone else has done - all I need to do is pass such-&-such info & the plugin does all the work --- Brilliant !!!!'

Just wish I knew how to program a DS....
FrogCry.gif

Matt140

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kermitfrog said:
Matt140 said:
Those Beta testers sure are lucky
frown.gif
...But, i'm not that experienced in DS dev-ing, all i've managed to do is fill the top screen with a blue gradient
biggrin.gif
It's more than I've ever done.
Last time I tried programming (many moons ago) was on PC using 'Delphi' (PASCAL based) programming language, & I bet I've forgotten about 90% of it
FrogCry.gif

Actually, if you want to try out using pascal on the DS you can use fpc4nds,
heres a link to the fpc wiki page.

The developer has said that a new release will be out soon that will fully support the latest fpc compiler.

----
Also, the idea for plug-ins would make MENUdo an even better system, it'd give those without previous ds developing knowledge
the means to try it out.

Regards,
Matt.

Briankealing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the leaked vid, is the scroll reversible? Scrolling up to go up is kinda weird, especially since the itouch and stuff you scroll up to go down

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Briankealing said:
In the leaked vid, is the scroll reversible? Scrolling up to go up is kinda weird, especially since the itouch and stuff you scroll up to go down
Yeah, I remember him saying that it is reversible. Thank god.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
been told to give a summary of latest goings on - got my hands on a newer build today >:) -
and i have to say, he has definately been working hard and has made a lot of progress since the last build i had.
don't wanna sound like a fanboy but this build just blew me away, it is sleek and sexy. apart from a few minor bugs and kinks being worked out i swear it could be mistaken for a ninty pda/media prog

Antoligy said:
and the fact its got so many features that don't maintain a constant theme. (i.e. 1 skin for main menu, another for file browser, another one for the nds rom options menu,ect...)

got an official reason for you
tongue.gif

(2:29:43 PM) [email protected]: love the interface
(2:30:03 PM) [email protected]: should satisfy users talking about diferent themes for diff apps
(2:30:15 PM) soul: hey
(2:30:17 PM) soul: X(
(2:30:24 PM) soul: i want different themes
(2:30:27 PM) soul: for different apps
(2:30:37 PM) soul: i plan to add them on the next build
(2:30:39 PM) [email protected]: the thread guys kept complaining
(2:30:45 PM) [email protected]: antoligy in particular

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
mercluke said:
been told to give a summary of latest goings on - got my hands on a newer build today >:) -
and i have to say, he has definately been working hard and has made a lot of progress since the last build i had.
don't wanna sound like a fanboy but this build just blew me away, it is sleek and sexy. apart from a few minor bugs and kinks being worked out i swear it could be mistaken for a ninty pda/media prog

Well, definitely good to know that he worked on it, that's great news
smile.gif
. I thought he had a little break, since we haven't heard that much in the last time, but looks like he don't like to make some breaks...keep it going, and take your time, Soulanger
grog.gif
(Damm, I'm always repeating the same things..I have to stop with that...).

Although I wish mercluke wouldn't praise it so much...I now want it more than ever
tongue.gif

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
mercluke said:

Antoligy said:
and the fact its got so many features that don't maintain a constant theme. (i.e. 1 skin for main menu, another for file browser, another one for the nds rom options menu,ect...)

tongue.gif

(2:30:03 PM) [email protected]: should satisfy users talking about diferent themes for diff apps

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
mercluke said:

Antoligy said:

tongue.gif

Hopawarty

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Antoligy said:
mercluke said:

Antoligy said:

tongue.gif

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Probably more to it than that....a leopard never loses its spots.

Back on topic: this thing has certainly "grown legs" over the last few months. Geez, it seems like only yesterday that a Christmas '08 release was possible, haha.
Let's hope it does actually live up to all the hype - that is, being superior to Sakura & the others.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hopawarty said:
Antoligy said:
mercluke said:

Antoligy said:

tongue.gif

Hopawarty

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Antoligy said:
Hopawarty said:
Antoligy said:
mercluke said:

Antoligy said:

tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat