Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney announced

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Midna said:
Don't be such a downer...

And the louder we shout, the more Capcom will consider it.
Exactly why I posted it.
closedeyes.gif

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now that I look at it I realized why Phoenix seems so out of place....the layton games always had a older setting and feel to them, but Phoenix is just kinda there with his modern day suit and tie....

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Fear Zoa said:
now that I look at it I realized why Phoenix seems so out of place....the layton games always had a older setting and feel to them, but Phoenix is just kinda there with his modern day suit and tie....
They're both out of place. This game takes place in another world or time or something. The setting is medieval. Layton lives a couple decades ago, Phoenix lives now. Layton seems to fit a bit better, but neither of them are in their time.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm.... does that mean Maya is a witch? I mean, 16th century london isn't a very good time for spirit mediums. And how did a Californian in 2016- end up in 16th century london?
But the Cross Examination 2002 on the piano was baddass

Ziggy Zigzagoon

Trophies
XP
Country
I like Phoenix Wright, and I wanted to try Professor Layton, though I held off on the latter, since I wanted to play the games in chronological order. Even so, I would really like this game, if I ever get a 3DS...

The Phoenix Wright characters do work with the style here, though I wonder upon the gameplay here...

Of course, I am kinda tired of the whole "zealots who hunts witches in Ku Klux Klan costumes" thing...
...and what's with the "bad guys with hairy arms" trope, anyways?
Also, who leaves their nails long like that?
...wait; I should not be over-analyzing this, least of all this kind of anachronistic crossover...

...also, yes; I would like Prof. Layton to say "Igi ari" at least once in the game.

P.S. When I saw the trailer and read "Majo Saiban," that just gave me an idea of a crossover involving Doki Doki Majo Shinpan.
...really.

P.S.S. Not to bash, but I believe that Touch Detective fits better with Phoenix Wright in terms of a crossover...

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
No, I think this is a perfect crossover. The games do indeed have fairly similar play styles. And the stories in both are rather epic. I'd say they go together excellently.

DarkShadow96

LA96£
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I love the Ace Attorney series but I haven't played Professor Layton yet. My current acquaintance told me it's quite fun though. As for a cross over? Wow, Capcom sure loves this type of stuff.

gamefreak94

GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hmm? You implying a difference in the character of Phoenix Wright compared to his Japanese counterpart Naruhodō Ryūichi?

Goli

RPG
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
antwill said:
Don't worry Capcom will release it, after they hire out a team to 'westernize' it. I wonder what emo-phoenix wright will look like?
unsure.gif
Aesthetically there are no differences, and the team behind the translation obviously had to westernize parts of the script, editing puns or Japan only jokes, silly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its very simple. Below the page, you will find an option to see the list of staff members.