• Start date
  • Views 1,247
  • Replies 6
D

Deleted_171835

OP
professor%20layton%20and%20the%20eternal%20diva.PNG

QUOTE said:
Professor Layton and his ward have solved mysteries through the power of riddle-solving twice now, but their own anime movie has been only available in Japan. Anime News Network (via Kotaku) reports that the feature, titled Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva, will be seeing a western release later this year. British distributor Manga Entertainment will be releasing it on DVD and Blu-Ray in September. The company may change the title, however, and we're not sure yet if they plan to redub the voices or rely on subtitles.

This is a British distributor, so we can't be sure how widely available it will be in the U.S. For fans of the games, the plot should feel right at home, since it was penned by Akihiro Hino, who designed all of the Level 5 games. We'll keep you updated as we get closer to seeing a domestic release.
QUOTE said:
Great! I enjoyed the Professor Layton games. I wonder how it'll translate into an anime movie. I'm glad a British distributor picked it up. The characters will sound 'British' like they're supposed to!

Source: 1up

FlameTakuya

Trophies
Website
rsx0806.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Not only in Japan, it was released in theaters in Singapore too. Japanese audio with English subtitles. First time we ever have anything directly after Japan, before America or Europe!
biggrin.gif

It seemed horribly unpopular though, even though there were ads and advertisements for the movie everyone you look. The people in the theater with me had no idea what we were talking about when we were screaming "HOMG CLAUDIA" or "OMG IT'S BELUGA" etc etc.

It was an extremely awesome movie, completely on par with the games. And Layton actually does his job for awhile in this one! (Dusting some rocks)

Oh but the 4 puzzles were kinda meh though. :/

And the whole supernatural element of it was kinda... well either you like it or you don't. You'll know when you see the movie. I wish Layton stayed more steam punk as it's supposed to be though.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well goodie gumdrop. Hopefully this will be a sign that the Layton sequels will see localization too.
I don't really care if this is subtitled, though I prefer dubbed since I think the Layton English VAs are actually talented.

FlameTakuya

Trophies
Website
rsx0806.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Senegal
I'm sure you guys'll be getting the English dubbed version. Not that it's a bad thing, the VA's aren't that bad.
biggrin.gif

Also, I could swear I read somewhere that Nintendo was rushing to get games 3 and 4 in English before getting the movie out so that it fits in with the time line... I bet people on the English-speaking side of the world are missing out on cameos in the movie from Last Time Travel and Flute of Malevolent Destiny... D:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it