Professor Layton Anime Getting Western Release

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by soulx, Apr 7, 2010.

Apr 7, 2010
  1. soulx
    OP

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    [​IMG]

2. Danny600kill

Member Danny600kill xD

United Kingdom
    This looks cool, the games are great, one of them games I look forward two as the puzzles are both hard and fun ( like something of Hadrians [​IMG] )

3. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    The actual games have voice actors, no doubt they could hire them for a dub of this anime.

4. FlameTakuya

Member FlameTakuya GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Singapore
    Not only in Japan, it was released in theaters in Singapore too. Japanese audio with English subtitles. First time we ever have anything directly after Japan, before America or Europe! [​IMG]

It seemed horribly unpopular though, even though there were ads and advertisements for the movie everyone you look. The people in the theater with me had no idea what we were talking about when we were screaming "HOMG CLAUDIA" or "OMG IT'S BELUGA" etc etc.

It was an extremely awesome movie, completely on par with the games. And Layton actually does his job for awhile in this one! (Dusting some rocks)

Oh but the 4 puzzles were kinda meh though. :/

And the whole supernatural element of it was kinda... well either you like it or you don't. You'll know when you see the movie. I wish Layton stayed more steam punk as it's supposed to be though.

5. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Well goodie gumdrop. Hopefully this will be a sign that the Layton sequels will see localization too.
    I don't really care if this is subtitled, though I prefer dubbed since I think the Layton English VAs are actually talented.

6. FlameTakuya

Member FlameTakuya GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Singapore
    I'm sure you guys'll be getting the English dubbed version. Not that it's a bad thing, the VA's aren't that bad. [​IMG]

Also, I could swear I read somewhere that Nintendo was rushing to get games 3 and 4 in English before getting the movie out so that it fits in with the time line... I bet people on the English-speaking side of the world are missing out on cameos in the movie from Last Time Travel and Flute of Malevolent Destiny... D:

7. Langin

Member Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Netherlands
    No way.... I am sorry but I need to say this but I do not like pro. layton! Why does this in gods name happen!