• Start date
  • Views 61,624
  • Replies 196

Schnida

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Stupid question: What do i have to do with flowers in London's Life? Can I sell them? Or can I decorate my room with them?

Caxap91

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Still doesn't work, maybe because I am using Acekard 2k (and not i)? When I load the game it now says System files are missing. I did not remove any files, all I did was put the AKAIO 1.8.8 files in. Do you have steps to make this work? I am using a patched game with AP patch on.
If you are using the patched rom and turn in the AP-Bypass option, i can't help you, because everything works fine for me under these conditions(

I remember facing similar problem with another DS rom. If I were you, I would redownload both AKAIO and Layton ROM, format SD card and try to do everything again from the beggining.

On topic: enjoying the game pretty much so far, the same good old Layton experience, I missed it preety badly. The new music is not do catchy as the old one, though.

jagman1x3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm also having a problem on Acekard 2i. I have AKAIO 1.8.8 with the newest loaders and the patched rom, and I was getting a "system file is missing" message. I tried formatting my SD card and redownloading the rom and AKAIO, but now It's just freezing at the loading screen. Does anyone know how to fix either of these problems?

324atk

GBATemp's Personal Chocobo Breeder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Confirming that London Life is working on R4i-Gold 3DS w/ 1.3.8 update. Will try Main Game in a moment and edit in results
EDIT: Main Game is working on the same card. No looping puzzle or missing graphics. Btw this is on the patched version. :yaynds:

nolegirl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have any idea how to fix the stuck-on-the-loading-screen issue? It seems to be working fine for some, but I can't get it to work. I have an AK 2i latest firmware and loaders and reformatted card. By the way I downloaded the patched version with AP enabled. Thanks.

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Professor Layton and the Last Specter (US) PATCHED
Works fine on AK2i, both main game and London's Life, with AP turned on. Thanks!

How did you get this to work? I am using Acekard 2k and AKAIO 1.8.8 and it always hangs on the loading screen. I got in once apparently and couldnt after that.

You need the patched rom and the enabled AP-bypass option (press Y two times on the rom select screen, this option is the last one in the list).
If it doesn't work for you, maybe the problem is with your SD-card, try formatting it.

pressing Y two times and enabling the piracy bypass doesn't work for me.

uriyasama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what to rename the rom to for the DS-Scene Rom Tool...
I tried all the title suggested:
XXXX - Professor Layton and the Last Specter [3F4F0E86]
XXXX - Professor Layton and the Last Specter
Professor Layton and the Last Specter
Professor Layton and the Last Specter [3F4F0E86]
and the DS-Scene tool didn't recognize none of these...

nine0nine

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I don't know what to rename the rom to for the DS-Scene Rom Tool...
I tried all the title suggested:
XXXX - Professor Layton and the Last Specter [3F4F0E86]
XXXX - Professor Layton and the Last Specter
Professor Layton and the Last Specter
Professor Layton and the Last Specter [3F4F0E86]
and the DS-Scene tool didn't recognize none of these...

get the latest update, it tells you the rom name in the update

clo_rgf_romtool_layton.jpg

matthewn4444

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Professor Layton and the Last Specter (US) PATCHED
Works fine on AK2i, both main game and London's Life, with AP turned on. Thanks!

How did you get this to work? I am using Acekard 2k and AKAIO 1.8.8 and it always hangs on the loading screen. I got in once apparently and couldnt after that.

You need the patched rom and the enabled AP-bypass option (press Y two times on the rom select screen, this option is the last one in the list).
If it doesn't work for you, maybe the problem is with your SD-card, try formatting it.

pressing Y two times and enabling the piracy bypass doesn't work for me.

I finally got it to work. I backup-ed everything and then reformatted (like what the Acekard site says). Placed the files in the micro sd card and then starting playing the game. Thanks everybody!

Reactions: 1 person

Moredeathex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't get to play the storymode yet (waiting for AKAIO fix), but been playing London Life.. It's really great as a game itself. It's a shame it won't be in the EUR games.
Storymode works fine on the latest AKAIO Search Professor Layton and the Last Specter (US) PATCHED
I did search that, and it sends me to message boards that won't let me see or download it unless I sign up for their dumb sites.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Metal tapes even