Hacking problems with the r4!!!

eatmyds

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i received my r4 a week ago and it hasn't worked once yet. i loaded and reloaded the kernel onto my micro card and formatted and i still get a frozen screen at the warning when you first turn on the ds.

i bought the unit from a reputable company and everything seemingly was just fine until i tried to use it.

can anyone help me???? are there any r4 experts that can solve my problem?? please ask me anything that might help solve this problem.

thanks for the help!

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 1 R4 and 3 CycloDS Evolutions, and it sounds to me like you might have just gotten a bad unit. I had some problems myself with my R4, so the next time I ordered a CycloDS. This isn't meant to bash the R4, because I know many people are happy with theirs, but since switching I haven't had any of the same issues. Wish I could be more helpful.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
eatmyds said:
i received my r4 a week ago and it hasn't worked once yet. i loaded and reloaded the kernel onto my micro card and formatted and i still get a frozen screen at the warning when you first turn on the ds.

i bought the unit from a reputable company and everything seemingly was just fine until i tried to use it.

can anyone help me???? are there any r4 experts that can solve my problem?? please ask me anything that might help solve this problem.

thanks for the help!

It sounds busted. If this retailer is as reputable as you say then you'll have to contact them for a replacement. The R4 distributor used to be very good about replacements and it's one of the things that really built their reputation. That was way back before any of the price hikes. The official R4 distributor isn't so good any more.

QUOTE(SleepingDragon @ May 5 2008, 12:36 PM) I have 1 R4 and 3 CycloDS Evolutions
Why so many?

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
From what I hear, about 3-5% of all R4 units that come out of the factory are defective, meaning, they won't work. So theres a rare chance you got one of these defective R4 units if it isn't a fake. Though as you said you got it from reputable retailer, I suggest contacting them for a replacement.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging