problems with the r4!!!

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by eatmyds, May 5, 2008.

May 5, 2008

problems with the r4!!! by eatmyds at 8:22 PM (995 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. eatmyds
    OP

Newcomer eatmyds Newbie

United States
    i received my r4 a week ago and it hasn't worked once yet. i loaded and reloaded the kernel onto my micro card and formatted and i still get a frozen screen at the warning when you first turn on the ds.

i bought the unit from a reputable company and everything seemingly was just fine until i tried to use it.

can anyone help me???? are there any r4 experts that can solve my problem?? please ask me anything that might help solve this problem.

thanks for the help!

2. SleepingDragon

Member SleepingDragon GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I have 1 R4 and 3 CycloDS Evolutions, and it sounds to me like you might have just gotten a bad unit. I had some problems myself with my R4, so the next time I ordered a CycloDS. This isn't meant to bash the R4, because I know many people are happy with theirs, but since switching I haven't had any of the same issues. Wish I could be more helpful.

3. Heran Bago

Member Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

United States
    Why so many?

4. Narin

Former Staff Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

United States
    From what I hear, about 3-5% of all R4 units that come out of the factory are defective, meaning, they won't work. So theres a rare chance you got one of these defective R4 units if it isn't a fake. Though as you said you got it from reputable retailer, I suggest contacting them for a replacement.

5. Raestloz

Member Raestloz GBATemp's Lone Wolf

Indonesia
    I say, nothing but replacement willbe the best answer, a product like rhat seems to be busted, and I'm 99% sure it won't work, unless some miracles happen