Hacking Problems with new Acekard2i

llyenn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, long time lurker, never needed to post till now...

So, my sons R4 has been getting long in the tooth; freezing and what not. So I did some research and bought him an Acekard2i. I bought it from http://www.r4ds-ds.com/

Well, just got it today, and it isn't working at all. Here's the run down

1. Tried cart only in relatively new DSL (bought at xmas last year). Shows no cart inserted.
2. Tried cart only in older DSL (not sure when it is bought, a couple of years ago though). Shows no cart inserted.
3. Tried cart with MicroSD (freshly formatted, with the formatter, a 2 GB Kingston that worked in the previous R4) with current AKAIO from the acekard site. Tried on both DSL's. Still no cart detected.
4. I read the n00b sticky at the top of the forum.

As best as I can tell I have a bad acekard and need to send it back. Is that right? Or is there something I missed?

Thanks!

saintrobyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking at all of your steps there is one thing I would recommend you do. Look at the contacts on the card to make sure there is no dirt on them. After that if the card still isn't working I would contact the store you bought it from and ask for an exchange. If they won't do it contact Acekard.

llyenn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it is having some contact issues, didn't need to do the paper/contact trick, just tried a couple of times and got it to reflash. Now it works perfectly...wouldn't detect at all otherwise.

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: you could say it fell out.