Homebrew Problems with Mario Golf GBA!

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no problems when it comes to playing any of my other GBA roms like Golden Sun on the Wii. It seems to me that both Mario Golf GBA and Golden Sun share the same engine. Though one runs flawlessly on the Wii while the other runs good at moments but lags at others, like the frame rate drops or something! is the Wii having problems running this game or is it the emulator? any ideas would be great.

Thanks for the help!

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
It IS a very heavy duty game, straining the GBA's processor a lot.

It might just be shitty on the emulator. JUst like how MOTHER 3 lags at time in battle.

It also might be your SD card, it might need to be formatted with Panasonic SD formatter or it's speed might be slow reading.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would make sense then, do the Visualboy GX, SNES9x GX and Nintendo GX support external HDD loading...I have my Wii connected to an external hard drive with all my Wii games on it so can I use it for my roms as well? don't see why not...lol
tongue.gif

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep, all of them can run off hdd, gotta make sure you have ios58 installed though

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
USB or SD access speed only affect the initial ROM loading speed, not emulation speed. And yes, some games run slow on VBA GX, it's because it's a straight port from PC version, not particularly optimized for Wii and GBA emulation can be sometime quite CPU demanding, more than NES or SNES that's said...

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
And I can certainly assure you by reading the code that SD or USB is not accessed while playing the game, the whole ROM is loaded into MEM2 during init

Placebo effect maybe ?

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
lol yeah, kinda like me and my Hay Fever tablets, I'm sure they're placebos too!!

Like has been said, there's a fair number of GBA games that don't run full speed on VBAGX, Golden Sun 2 is a biggie, as are the Sonics - Advance 2 is rather rough if memory serves me.... either play them on the GBA/DS etc, or if that's not an option VBA on the comp - sd/usb issues aren't the problem here....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs.