fool
OP
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
edit: I went ahead and reinstalled windows (and installed ubuntu), turns out my primary partition was formatted somehow by DSL.

Thing is, I got the new Damn Small Linux 3.4 image, and thought I'd try it out, and shortly after, I decided I'd install it on the hard drive, so I did the hard drive install, made a 200MB partition to hda2 installed grub boot loader, restarted computer, and I was surprised when I saw "error loading operating system". My exact thoughts were "shit...".

I rebooted and loaded DSL again and then decided to seek help from the wise LiraNuna on #tod2 on EFNet, we did somethigs and for some reason grub couldn't be installed, so he had me get my XP cd and try to do a recovery and do "fdisk /mbr". But then a problem arised, my keyboard wouldn't work after the disc loaded everything, it's like it's frozen once the loading is done. And now LiraNuna isn't helping me, so I need to know what I could do

Sephi

fool
OP
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
alright, update, I managed to do 'fixmbr' by rretrying the XP disc a few times, but I still get the same error when I start up "unable to load operating system" and I don't know what to do

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-