Problems with computer after attempting DSL hdd install

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Sephi, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Sephi
    OP

Sephi fool

Jan 21, 2008
    United States
    Rhode Island
    edit: I went ahead and reinstalled windows (and installed ubuntu), turns out my primary partition was formatted somehow by DSL.

Thing is, I got the new Damn Small Linux 3.4 image, and thought I'd try it out, and shortly after, I decided I'd install it on the hard drive, so I did the hard drive install, made a 200MB partition to hda2 installed grub boot loader, restarted computer, and I was surprised when I saw "error loading operating system". My exact thoughts were "shit...".

I rebooted and loaded DSL again and then decided to seek help from the wise LiraNuna on #tod2 on EFNet, we did somethigs and for some reason grub couldn't be installed, so he had me get my XP cd and try to do a recovery and do "fdisk /mbr". But then a problem arised, my keyboard wouldn't work after the disc loaded everything, it's like it's frozen once the loading is done. And now LiraNuna isn't helping me, so I need to know what I could do

2. Sephi
    OP

Sephi fool

Jan 21, 2008
    United States
    Rhode Island
    alright, update, I managed to do 'fixmbr' by rretrying the XP disc a few times, but I still get the same error when I start up "unable to load operating system" and I don't know what to do

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice