Hacking Problems when copying some games to G6 Lite

anotheruser22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having trouble when I copy some games over to the G6 Lite. I plug in the G6 lite, lauch the software and try to write the game.... 90% of the games I have tried copy over ok and work without a problem but when I try and copy the following games my PC shuts down completely!!
unsure.gif

Crash Bandicoot festival
Mario Kart
Mario 3 on 3

I've got a 3GZ Pentium. It only got 512MB of ram so it should be enough but I haven't monitored it to see if it's running out... maybe this is the issue? Or a corrupt rom perhaps? I've tried 3 so far from different sources but they may have been the same file.

I eventually got Mario Basketball 3 on 3 copied over to the G6 lite after about 10 goes but when I launch it all I get is 2 white screens....

I'm using the latest English software 4.1d (I've got the English version) which should have the fix for Mario 3 on 3.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue or able to help me get Mario 3 on 3 working? I really want to play this!!
yaynds.gif

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having trouble when I copy some games over to the G6 Lite. I plug in the G6 lite, lauch the software and try to write the game.... 90% of the games I have tried copy over ok and work without a problem but when I try and copy the following games my PC shuts down completely!!
unsure.gif
Sounds like you've got a serious PC problem if it switches off in the middle of a session. This is off-topic to this forum but you might want to check your PSU or motherboard.

Adventures_of_Lo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I had this problem that my pc would sometimes switch off while playing games. My brother found out that it was because of overheating and my motherboard switched the pc off to protect it. Turns out there was lots of dust in my pc fans and that's why it overheated. You might want to check that your fans aren't covered in dust. It might not solve your problem but it's a good thing to do anyway

XxMxVxPxX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this problem that my pc would sometimes switch off while playing games. My brother found out that it was because of overheating and my motherboard switched the pc off to protect it. Turns out there was lots of dust in my pc fans and that's why it overheated. You might want to check that your fans aren't covered in dust. It might not solve your problem but it's a good thing to do anyway
ha, it must be nice. i just blew 2 brand new mother boards because of a wire short.

fatfree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Majority of the time for a PC to reboot or shutdown is usually of overheating. I fix computers all the time, and alot of people bring this kind of stuff to me to fix. Every time the CPU runs at 100%, the PC would restart or shut down. First thing I check when this happens is the fan and heatsink. The heat sink usually has a layer of dust that you can't see sometimes because of the fan is in the way, so it overheats big time. I found one time a fan has siezed.

I know that the G6 lite will use 100% of CPU when it is patching it before transferring the rom to the cart, so it may accumulate enough heat to shut down the computer, so check your internals.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc