Hardware Problems transfering from NTFS HD to WBFS HD in WBM

ol'skool_gamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a NTFS HDD with some games, which I would like to transfer to a WBFS HDD.
As I am a newbie I did abit of research and found that Wii Backup Manager can do this (I currently use WBFS Manager). So I downloaded it and when I ran for the first time it transfered afew games (the titles where green) then all of a sudden it starting failing and going through all the rest very quickly and the titles this time where red????

If anyone has some ideas that would be greatly appreciated :-).

Cheers

gooddegenerate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes you'll have to convert the game files to .wbfs format BEFORE you transfer them over to the wbfs drive. Perhaps the ones you're trying to transfer are .ISO?

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
check the wbfs hdd for errors using wiimms wwt (sig)
they like to corrupt
if its ok check the internal sha1 checksums of the games (on ntfs) with wit or wii backup manager

I suggest considering switching away from WBFS partitions
then (amongst other things) you wouldn't even need a special tool to move games around

ol'skool_gamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sometimes you'll have to convert the game files to .wbfs format BEFORE you transfer them over to the wbfs drive. Perhaps the ones you're trying to transfer are .ISO?

The NTFS HDD has a partion with wbfs folder containing .wbfs files...that is what I have been trying to transfer.....I also tried to transfer to desktop as wbfs and iso file to see if one would work, but still nothing.

ol'skool_gamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
check the wbfs hdd for errors using wiimms wwt (sig)
they like to corrupt
if its ok check the internal sha1 checksums of the games (on ntfs) with wit or wii backup manager

I suggest considering switching away from WBFS partitions
then (amongst other things) you wouldn't even need a special tool to move games around

I have tested the SHA1 Checksums of games on NTFS hd, and it passed......As for the wiimms wwt check, I am still trying to workout what this is and how to use it.
I downloaded the wit-v2.11a-r4233-cygwin zip folder...is this the wiimms wwt, you are talking about?

But really the simpliest way for me to transfer would be to convert wbfs hd to ntfs??.....right.

Cheers

ol'skool_gamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I think I have figured it out......it started failing when it reached 500....so if the WBFS hard drive has a limit of 500 files, this is my problem.

So I am have converted to NTFS and am trying it that way.

Thank you for your help Psyblade and Gooddegenerate.

gooddegenerate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah yes, the 500 limit issue. Perhaps you should consider Fat32. I recently switched over to this and it's just much easier overall.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi