PROBLEM WITH USB LOADER GX - Need help!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Vince19Drums, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Vince19Drums
    OP

Vince19Drums Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2018
    Canada
    Hi. I'm new to this forum and I have a problem with my Wii. I recently hacked my Wii using LetterBomb, and everything works fine. The first thing I wanted to do was installing USB Loader GX, to load games that didn't work as discs anymore. I used Wii Backup Manager to move my wbfs. files to the USB, and I've put multiple games on my USB. upload_2018-11-10_14-40-23.
    When I plug the USB in my wii, and start USB Loader Gx : nothing happens. I just see the normal Wii Channels (Mii Channel, Wii Shop Channel etc.) as games. Usb Loader Gx detects my USB key (The first times, I've put the USB key before starting USB Loader GX, and I've recently tried putting it in while USB Loader Gx was loading, and the time counter (waiting for HDD), has stopped.) Does somebody knows what should I do?

Thanks,
    Vince19Drums (sorry for my bad english. I'm French.)

2. jeannotte

jeannotte GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 15, 2016
    France
    Hello,

Do not use USB keys, it works poorly with Wii, prefer an external hard drive (fat32) for better connectivity.

Fourth icon at the top in USB loader gx settings to view Wii games

Or test with another loader, such as ==> Wiiflow or Configurable loader v70.

Last edited by jeannotte, Nov 11, 2018
  3. Vince19Drums
    OP

Vince19Drums Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2018
    Canada
    Thanks. I will try to use another loader, I already tried all of the icons in USB Loader GX. If I buy a external usb hard drive, do you have any recommandations?

Thank you again!

4. jeannotte

jeannotte GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 15, 2016
    France
  5. Vince19Drums
    OP

Vince19Drums Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2018
    Canada
    I use a Nexxtech Thumb Drive, which is said to work flawlessly.

6. Illuminaticy

Illuminaticy GBAtemp Fan

Oct 6, 2018
    United States
    Like Jeannotte said, USB sticks are just garbage on Wii. They might work for a while, but 99% crap out after some time.

But if for some reason your USB will work, they first issue I see is your games need to be in a wbfs folder on the root of your USB.

WBFS/GAME NAME [GAME ID]/GAMEID.WBFS is how it should be.

Did you install the right cIOS from d2x cIOS installer?

Did you check the box that says "Wii games" so you can actually see them?

7. Vince19Drums
    OP

Vince19Drums Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2018
    Canada
    Being a newbie, I forgot to install the custom IOS. I just installed cIOS that this site (see screenshot) upload_2018-11-11_17-2-39. recommends. I saw it was recommended by some users so I trusted it. I started USB Loader GX, still don't work. When I click the box to check Wii Games it says ''USB Device not initialized. Switching to channel list mode.''. I've tried WiiFlow, but it crashed and said Exception (DSI) occured!.

8. Illuminaticy

Illuminaticy GBAtemp Fan

Oct 6, 2018
    United States
    What USB port are you using? If your wii is laying down, use the bottom port. If it is standing up, use the left port. Also did you fix your files so they're in the right place now as I said above?

9. Vince19Drums
    OP

Vince19Drums Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2018
    Canada
    I'm using the bottom one. And my files were already like that. upload_2018-11-11_17-9-30.

10. Illuminaticy

Illuminaticy GBAtemp Fan

Oct 6, 2018
    United States
    It's the USB. Any chance you have a HDD you can try?

11. Vince19Drums
    OP

Vince19Drums Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2018
    Canada
    No. I will buy one. Now when I start USB Loader GX it's stuck at Initialize usb device. Thank you for your help!

12. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    it might not like your usb flash drive. Most of my fkash drives work except a few. You can try an sd card in a usb adaptor just to see if it works with that.