Problem with trade in Pokemon Y with Gateway

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by shinichi999, May 3, 2014.

1. shinichi999
    OP

shinichi999 Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2014
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Greetings! I'm new in the community and i would like to know if somebody can help me with my problem. I'm trying to trade Pokémon in Pokémon Y with my Gateway and a retail console with Pokémon X but i can`t do it. I read in other thread that can be possible, but when i try to trade, the game just looking and looking for the other person but don't connect. Of course i have the last update Omega of the flashcard. Infrared doesn't works too.

Can someone help me? What can be the problem? :(

2. MGS1980

MGS1980 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 27, 2014
    United States
    You have to download the current patch for the Gateway ROM from the eShop. That is what has usually been tripping people up.

3. shinichi999
    OP

shinichi999 Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2014
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Thanks for the answer! Where can I download that patch? And does will work with my rom?

4. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    make sure your emunand is updated then connect to eshop and download the 1.2 patch

5. CFallenleaf

CFallenleaf GBAtemp Fan

Mar 19, 2010
    United States
    You download the pokemon y or x patch in the eshop...... as stated above

6. shinichi999
    OP

shinichi999 Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2014
    Cote d'Ivoire
    I see... but i can`t access to the e-shop without update my console. And what about of my save in the game? can i associate it with the new game or should i begin a new game?

7. MGS1980

MGS1980 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 27, 2014
    United States
    gamesquest1 has already told you how to get into the eShop, update your emuNAND (not your sysNAND.)

You do not have to worry about your save. The patch doesn't interfere with it.

8. shinichi999
    OP

shinichi999 Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2014
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Sorry but it's my first time with this Gateway flashcard. How can i update my emunand correctly? I don't want to make a mistake and loose the funtionality of my Gateway :(

And after i update my emunand... just i enter to the e-shop and download directly the patch for free? I don't get it :(

9. IronClouds

IronClouds GBAtemp's Pokébro

May 8, 2010
    United States
    1. When in emuNAND, go to System Settings.
    2. DO NOT EXIT SYSTEM SETTINGS!!! Make sure your firmware version in the System Settings (you can find it in the lower right corner of the top screen) starts with GW3D.
    3. If your firmware version starts with GW3D, navigate to the System Update option to update your emuNAND.
    3a. If your firmware version does not start with GW3D, go back into emuNAND and start from step 1.

Edit: After you update the emuNAND, go to the eShop from within your emuNAND and it should let you. And yes, it will be okay. I promise.

From there, just locate and download the latest patch for Pokémon X/Y, let it install, and you will be all set. And yes, it will be okay. I promise.

10. shinichi999
    OP

shinichi999 Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2014
    Cote d'Ivoire

Thanks for the answer! I updated my Emunand and downloaded the 1.2 version of Pokemon Y. Now the 2 consoles (Gateway and Retail) are comunicated. But when we are going to fight or trade Pokémon, appears the next message: "You lost the communication with the player".

We try wifi and infrared and same thing.

What can i do now? :(

11. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    is the other person updated to 1.2 as well?

12. shinichi999
    OP

shinichi999 Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2014
    Cote d'Ivoire
    yes.. :)

13. Essometer

Essometer Needs data

Oct 22, 2010
    Germany
    Enger
    I can confirm that local traiding is working with Gateway <-> Retail.

14. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    local battle and local trade works fine

15. shinichi999
    OP

shinichi999 Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2014
    Cote d'Ivoire
    This is kinda weird... i didn't anything and now everything works just fine! Thanks to everybody again... now im gonna have fun here! :D

16. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice