Hacking Problem with saving in SSX On Tour (GCN)

Robotic Earthlin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
When I first start up the game, it has no problem creating the save file, but when I try to start the tour or anything, it says there was some kind of error when trying to access my save. It gives me the option to retry or continue without saving. Retrying gives me the same error.

I had a similar problem in SSX3, where it would say my save was corrupt even though I didn't have a save. But putting my 251-block memory card in slot A instead of my 1019-block memory card fixed it for some reason. But this didn't work with On Tour. Any ideas?

Also, what are the differences between these MIOS revisions that are coming out? Should I pay attention to them? Is it possible that they could fix the saving problem? If I install one of the new revisions, will I then be unable to load saves that were made using an older MIOS (e.g. the MIOS that I am using now)?

EDIT: Turns out that when you use the patched MIOS on SSX games, it takes 30 seconds to load the game while it just shows a green screen. Just use the patched MIOS, wait 30 seconds on the green screen, and everything will work fine.

rooskie54

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How are you loading the game? All the ssx games I load (haven't tried on tour yet) have problems unless I use B for patched mios.

Robotic Earthlin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I originally tried it shrunk and multidisc, and then tried it non-shrunk and non-multidisc, but the same thing happened. When the loader starts up I've used both auto-detect and NTSC.

What exactly does it mean by "patched MIOS?" I saw that option there but thought nothing of it. I'll try it though.

Linuks

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have the same problems on my official 251 memory card with Donkey Konga 1, 2, 3 (NTSC-J) and Donkey Konga 1 and 2 (NTSC-U).

JoeyGennaro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far every game that has a problem recognizing saves or saving works when you push B to load patching MIOS...if you've already tried this then I have no idea what the problem could be. In my experience, patching MIOS fixes EVERY single save problem for me.

Robotic Earthlin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pressing B for patched MIOS gives me a green screen in both SSX3 and SSX On Tour. To make sure it wasn't a problem with that option, I tested it with THUG2 as well, and the game worked fine, except it claimed my save was corrupted. That doesn't really surprise me though, considering I've heard that saves can be affected when the MIOS is changed.

And how is Waninkoko's MIOS different from the MIOS I have now?

Oh, and Linuks, Donkey Konga 2 (NTSC-U) saves fine for me. I haven't tried the others. So we have different (but related?) problems I guess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER