Problem with SaltySD

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Lglaplante, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Lglaplante
    OP

Lglaplante GBAtemp Fan

Feb 12, 2017
    Canada
    Hello everyone! I want to know something.. i'm playing a pokemon Moon randomizer with a custom firmware with SaltySD. But now when I launch my moon game nothing change it's like it didn't detect the SaltySD. If someone can help me, it would be really appreciated ;)

EDIT: Luma3ds is on 6.6 and I have the latest emuNAND and sysNAND

Last edited by Lglaplante, Feb 15, 2017
  2. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    Explain further please. Is this the first time you have used SaltySD? Like did it work before and now it's not working, or it never worked for you? Are you using a nightly build of Luma or the stable release of 6.6? The former requires a different folder structure than it used to. Check your folder structure as well and make sure it's correct with no spelling errors or spaces. Finally, confirm that you're using the correct code.bin patched for SaltySD. If you're playing on the updated version of SuMO, you need to patch the code.bin from the update itself.

3. Lglaplante
    OP

Lglaplante GBAtemp Fan

Feb 12, 2017
    Canada
    No it'S not the first time. It was working before and now it'S not working. O'm using the stable 6.6 and no nightly build. There is no error I checked many times. I patched the code.bin with an IPS patch

4. Majickhat55

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    Hmm, well no reason it should just quit working out of nowhere really. I would just double check everything and make sure the option in Luma is turned on. Does it say 'enable external code.bin" or "enable game patching" in the Luma config menu?

5. Lglaplante
    OP

Lglaplante GBAtemp Fan

Feb 12, 2017
    Canada
    I will check... Maybe I have to re-applied the patch again?

6. Majickhat55

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    You shouldn't have to.

7. Lglaplante
    OP

Lglaplante GBAtemp Fan

Feb 12, 2017
    Canada
    In Luma 3ds
    This what it'S enabled
    Use sysnand firm if booting with r
    Enable language/region emu. and ext. .codes
    Show NAND or user string in System settings
    Show GBA boot screen in patched AGB_FIRM

EDIT: screenshot of my SD: http://imgur.com/a/YWU95

Last edited by Lglaplante, Feb 16, 2017
  8. Majickhat55

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    And what does the folder structure inside SaltySd look like? If you have the garcs set up the same way as they are in the RomFS I'm going to guess your code.bin isn't patched right, but you said it suddenly stopped working and that wouldn't happen unless you updated the game or Luma after patching the code the first time. So either your folder structure is off, or you're not using a code.bin from the game update.

9. Lglaplante
    OP

Lglaplante GBAtemp Fan

Feb 12, 2017
    Canada