How to change nnid without losing preloaded games

keeks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I have two questions. I recently bought a used custom firmware 3ds off someone online and there are a ton of games loaded on there. However I was wondering if there is a way I can change the nnid without losing the custom firmware and games. I have read other threads where people said to use Godmod9, but when I boot up the menu it says "do_not_launch" with godmod9 underneath it. Which makes me to assume that if I launched it, my device may mess up.

Also, my other question is, whenever I try to play Pokemon Ultra Moon (it was one of the games already on the device) it tells me Error Code: 022-2502, because it has an update. However, I can't update it because it states that the nnid cannot be used because its region setting does not match the setting of this system. The region on the system has U at the end, which I believe is for the United States (where I'm located).

What steps should I take to fix these issues? I have modded a 2ds in the past but never had to worry about games because there wasn't any on there. I just want to be able to use the device with my own account and id. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciated it.

keeks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too bad, you won't. Region-changed units can't connect to the eShop, so it's quite pointless trying to change the NNID.
So how do I update games than because it wont let me play half of them? Should i just reset it and redownload homebrew since Luma will stay on the device?

Last edited by keeks,

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So how do I update games than because it wont let me play half of them? Should i just reset it and redownload homebrew since Luma will stay on the device?
use google to find update cia files and install with FBI app. that's all ya can do now

keeks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use google to find update cia files and install with FBI app. that's all ya can do now
okay thank you. I looked at the sd card's files and it does say USA so I'm not sure why it wont update. I'll just do what you said and find a newer cia file.

As for the nnid, would it be best to just rest the console, redownload homebrew, fbi, and all the other applications since I want to have my own nnid connected to it?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I looked at the sd card's files and it does say USA so I'm not sure why it wont update.
It can't download updates since it needs to connect to the eShop to do that, and it can't connect to the eShop since it is region-changed!

As for the nnid, would it be best to just rest the console, redownload homebrew, fbi, and all the other applications since I want to have my own nnid connected to it?
It would be best to forget about it, since even if you connect your own NNID to it, it won't help you connect to the eShop, so that would be entirely pointless!

I don't think you can connect your NNID at all, since your NNID is associated with a different region than the console's hardware.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Either find them online or use hshop for your games and updates. Since it wasn't properly configured for eshop access after region change your unit can't access the eshop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto