Xaus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi!!

I've finally received my R4i Gold for 3ds but i'm stuck with the setup..

Before this card (and the 3ds) I had a ds lite and an original r4 that worked fine with wood ever...

but with the coming of the 3ds i had to change it obviosly and I wanted compatible with wood (never change a winning team..) but here comes the problem..

i've download both the original firmware and the wood, i've copied first wood and after (when i see that didn't work) the original fw..

in both case the 3ds menu see the cart as finding nemo (and this is the only difference between my flashcardard and the one shown in the video of the site) but when i load it the screen remain white apart a tf shape with a "?" and the word menu on the above screen...

Do you think that it can be a clone?

I post you some images...

the package...
24o0nr5.jpg

the card (hope you can read the website)...
2ajvq7s.jpg

and the white screens with the tf shape..
5eh8r6.jpg

Hope you can help me.... thanks!

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The card looks a bit suspect imo (doesn't look as nice as it should, maybe thats the photo though hard to tell) although the packaging seems to be the same.

That ? on the top screen is strange because I'm sure its cyclo/DSTT? clones (Cannot remember which exactly but a lot of clones display that if there is a problem) that show that if no firmware is found or there is a problem at startup... I didn't think the r4igold ever showed that.

And I have never heard of it using finding nemo icon... it seems fishy.

I would see what others have to say about it but I think its fake.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
The ? Menu icon usually means that copying the kernel hasn't gone to plan. Format the card and unpack the kernel from www.r4ids.cn and copy the folders one by one and then all the files one by one. That should then work.

theADDict

Trophies
XP
Country
Mmmmmm, depends on the seller. The box has the 3DS sticker, which suppliers send and you stick on yourself, but this could be -
- flashed ready for 3DS, but don't think it should be nemo ?!
- another cart wrongly wearing an R4i Gold sticker.

Maybe supply a picture of the cart contacts, colour of board.
or test on a DS lite with original firmware.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The boxes had a sticker placed onto them before the 3DS logo was printed on the box (I've got a sticker kind and AW has a printed kind), so the packaging does appear correct... but Finding Nemo isn't a game I'm familiar with these using. As for the TF card, I've noticed that the R4i Gold won't even register itself to a 1.4.2 DSi without a proper TF card in it, so....

I suggest you get the latest firmware update and apply it via a DS/Lite if possible.
http://filetrip.net/f25056-R4iDS-CN-Firmwa...date-1-4-2.html

Xaus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for the answers!

Here to you the back of the card
140lmyp.jpg

by the way i've buy this card from cheapr4i.com (here the card page) found by shoptemp.net (4 stars out of 5)

and the first thing i've do to setup the card was extract the wood fw download from r4ids.cn...

i also noticed right now on r4ids.cn site this page and if i right-click (with firefox) and choose view image on the last six images (the card shown are identical) the url displayed contains the word "fake"...
hate2.gif
all the images report "fake" on the url, except the one with the box image....

also in this moment i cannot access to another ds 'cause i've sell my old lite to buy the 3ds...grrrr

here another image taken from the inside....now i'm almost sure that is a clone? but what clone? i've just tried cyclods ievolution fw and dstti fw but the above screen dislpay always the TF shape...

ah the image!
317fkmu.jpg

Sebastian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kineticUK said:
The card looks a bit suspect imo (doesn't look as nice as it should, maybe thats the photo though hard to tell) although the packaging seems to be the same.
I would see what others have to say about it but I think its fake.
looks like fake, But cant distinguished from its sticker and box.
U must call their customer service to consult..

Xaus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Clookster said:
It's a fake R4i-SDHC Red Box, maybe the Hongkong version.

They just took the real sticker and box.

Send it back. Wood will only work as WoodTT 1.25 for DSTT on it.

You mean the one from this site? R4i DSHC Revolution

or from this one? R4i-II

Edit: aargh to much clones with red box!!

Xaus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I finally reached a solution.. with the r4i shdc kernel works! but now it's time to tell to the supplier.. eheheh
whip.gif

Xaus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi!!

I want to inform u how the story with this card ends...

u know, as you can read above, they sent me the wrong card (R4 sdhc instead of r4 gold), after a couple of emails they send me the right r4 w/out any kind of charge and w/out send back the other card...

So, as you can understand, now i'm very happy, thanks to their kindly customer service now i've got 2 flashcard at hte price of one..
yaynds.gif
ayeeeeeee

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok