Problem with No$GBA, please help!

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Munkyman720, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Munkyman720
    OP

Munkyman720 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2007
    United States
    When I play ROMs on iDeaS, the framerate sometimes goes way down and makes the game unplayable. So, I downloaded No$GBA, which works much better. However, unlike iDeaS, this emulator won't save any data!

If a game automatically creates a save game at the title screen (such as Duck Amuck), I get an error message that says something like "The data could not be written, turn off the power and reinsert the DS card." Because of this error, I can't play those certain games on this emulator at all.

If I try to use a save state (on a game I can play), I can save the state but the if I try to load it, the ROM file crashes.

Finally, if I try to use the regular save system in a game (such as in Dementium: The Ward), it simply doesn't save, and all the save data is erased when I close the emulator or reset the ROM.

Does anyone know why this might happen and how I can fix it? Thanks! [​IMG]

2. Kaos

Kaos Good show!

Nov 25, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    You need to go Options>Emulation Setup and then set the save type for the game.

EEPROM 64k or Flash 256k usually work.

3. Munkyman720
    OP

Munkyman720 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2007
    United States
    It's already set to FLASH 512K because someone else told me that it should be set to that. I'll switch to 256K and try but I don't think it will work. What does this mean?

4. Munkyman720
    OP

Munkyman720 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2007
    United States
    Oh damn nevermind. For some reason FLASH 256 and 512 wouldn't work, but EEPROM 64K did. Thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice