Homebrew Problem with loading roms from DVD

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I've had a collection of Roms with me, so I decided to burn a data disc. I burned it with IMGBurn on the "Write Files/Folders To Disc" mode on a DVD-R at 3x. Here is what the disc's file system is like, the whole code box is the root folder.

Code:
GENESISÂÂ>ÂÂ(Roms Here)
|
SNESÂÂ>ÂÂ(Roms Here)
|
NESÂÂ>ÂÂ(Roms Here)
|
PSXÂÂ>ÂÂ(ISOs Here)

The latest version of WiiSX is perfect, but the other three emulators won't read the DVD... It's a 50 out of 50 (No joke, out of 4 tries each emulator
glare.gif
), I either get an Unrecognized DVD Format error, or a code dump... WiiXplorer refuses to read it as well, it'll just show a blank directory. When I hit remount, code dump... Wii64 is able to read the discs, but it was made from the same developers as WiiSX, plus, I don't have N64 roms so it'd be pointless, but I decided to try to expand on my issue a bit.

I obviously have DVDX installed, and I can run Wii and Gamecube (Single and MultiGame) flawlessly.

I also have a second question, WiiSX always refuses to save my game to the SD card, and when I tell the saves to go to my GCN Memory Card Slot A, the whole console freezes, out of both of my flash drives, my 4GB holds 5 games as a WBFS storage device, and my other one is a 2GB MicroSD card that powers my R4DS. So I can't try to save on USB.

EDIT: Tried using my last DVD-R by burning every rom except the PSX ISOs onto the root, no folders, and at a slower speed... Didn't work, yet the WiiSX emulator can access it as well.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Only WiiSX and Wii64 still support DVDX, other emulators doesn't anymore and use the HBC "AHBPROT" feature instead.

To enable it, make sure the meta.xml files for your emulators have the line. All these things are pretty well explained in the user manual of said emulators so go read them.

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They already have the line. What do I do now? I read the emulator's readme's and manuals from their sites, but nothing helped.

EDIT: Hold on, I think I misunderstood you at first, give me a few minutes.

EDIT2: Didn't get anything... :\

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Most likely, you didn't burned the DVD in the correct format (ISO9660).
WiiSX/Wii64 might use a different library to access DVD which could be less restrictive, I don't know, I have no trouble loading ROMs from DVD in any of these emus.

ALso, i'd unconnect my WBFS formatted drive if I were you since no emulators is going to recognize it anyway and it could be the cause of your crashes/freezes

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For now, I'm just going to export all the games from my USB drive and keep them stored in my PC and hold my roms in that same drive until I get something figured out with the DVD issue, because I'm sure that I burned it in ISO9660 Format, as that is IMGBurn's default.

Once I get it figured out I'll edit this post, if anybody else has suggestions, please post!
wink.gif

Plus, unplugging the drive while it was in WBFS format didn't fix it either...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries