Problem with installing Microsoft Frame Work 3.5

• Thread starter pasc
  • Start date
  • Views 1,590
  • Replies 3
P

pasc

OP
I recently tried to install the newest Framework 3.5. I downloaded the full distribution and the normal version.

When I first tried the normal version it couldn't even connnect to the microsoft server.

When I tried out the big Distribution version it did download to 3/4, lost connection (all 5 tries used up) and deinstalled the package again leaving me without anything.

I even tried deinstalling all Frameworks I had on my PC (except 2.0 which I couldn't deinstall cause Windows refused to do so
frown.gif

Now it seems I got no way to install the Framework 3.5 on my PC and you guys are my last hope after even the mighty

google.gif

couldn't help.

Thanks in advance once again, you are a great bunch dudes, always ready to help, a cookie for all of you:

2116_1_m-genuss-keks-01.jpg

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Re consulting the mighty Google:
.net Framework Cleanup Tool for uninstalling stubborn little versions of the .net framework that refuse to go
And another page fromt he same blog about .net Framework 3.5 Installation Issues. The linked Microsoft readme implies that all other versions of the framework have to be uninstalled first, and has a section covering issues with the download itself.

It's a lot of reading and I have no clue if any of it works but at least I tried
smile.gif

P

pasc

OP
Thanks for your help Psyfira, I used the cleanuptool and it worked fine, but when I installed (using the big 197 MB Version) I always get the same thing:

* Extracting,
* Preparing Installation,
* Installating (which tries to download stuff but phails and therefore stops the downloading process at roughly 3/4 ),
* Deinstallating and informing me that the installation phailed

I really wonder what my PC may miss, I installed Service Pack 2 lately so it can't be that, any other Ideas ? ( the posts you posted did sadly not help either)

EDIT: Well I found a Compact Version of Microsoft Framenetwork 3.5 now (which is 33 MB) which I could install... but sadly it still doesn't hold all the functions the real (197 MB file holds) so I'm still stuck...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night