Hacking problem with BootMii

sheepgoat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
last week i started trying to get my wii to use the usb loader. i have the usb loader working now but i never did fix my problem with bootmii.

here's what i've done:
i started with the bannerbomb hackmii installer. i got the homebrew channel working. but on the installer for bootmii i wasn't sure what to do so i just went down the list and installed all the options. not smart i know. whenever i tried to load the bootmii from the homebrew channel it would just load to a black screen. after that i stopped worrying about that part and moved onto the usb loader. i followed this guide: http://www.wiihacks.com/other-faq-guides-t...os-any-wii.html and got the usb loader working.

now when i goto the homebrew channel, press the home button, then tell it to load bootmii and it freezes on a black screen. i'm wondering what i need to do to fix bootmii. the install info on their site says to run the installer from the homebrew channel, but i don't understand how to do that.

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If your DVD slot light blinks while the screen is black/frozen then it's either there's no bootmii/ dir on your SD card (with the required files in it) or, if the dir & files ARE there, your SD card is incompatible.

sheepgoat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm pretty sure i deleted the bootmii folder on my sd card somewhere along the line of me messing with it. last time i had my sd card plugged into my computer i only had an apps folder and wad folder on it.

so do i need to run the bannerbomb to run the installer for it again? and will running the installer override anything that i've already done?

sheepgoat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats where i run into the problem of not knowing what to do. how do i run the installer from the homebrew channel? i don't see any options for running it.

sheepgoat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh man, now i feel like a twit. i had to do this for a few other things, but i dunno what happened to my thought process.

thank you for your quick help Det1re

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Wholesome, welcome