problem with BootMii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by sheepgoat, Jul 13, 2009.

Jul 13, 2009

problem with BootMii by sheepgoat at 10:08 PM (1,007 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. sheepgoat
    OP

Newcomer sheepgoat Newbie

United States
    last week i started trying to get my wii to use the usb loader. i have the usb loader working now but i never did fix my problem with bootmii.

here's what i've done:
    i started with the bannerbomb hackmii installer. i got the homebrew channel working. but on the installer for bootmii i wasn't sure what to do so i just went down the list and installed all the options. not smart i know. whenever i tried to load the bootmii from the homebrew channel it would just load to a black screen. after that i stopped worrying about that part and moved onto the usb loader. i followed this guide: http://www.wiihacks.com/other-faq-guides-t...os-any-wii.html and got the usb loader working.

now when i goto the homebrew channel, press the home button, then tell it to load bootmii and it freezes on a black screen. i'm wondering what i need to do to fix bootmii. the install info on their site says to run the installer from the homebrew channel, but i don't understand how to do that.

2. Det1re

Member Det1re det1re.de

Germany
    If your DVD slot light blinks while the screen is black/frozen then it's either there's no bootmii/ dir on your SD card (with the required files in it) or, if the dir & files ARE there, your SD card is incompatible.

3. sheepgoat
    OP

United States
    i'm pretty sure i deleted the bootmii folder on my sd card somewhere along the line of me messing with it. last time i had my sd card plugged into my computer i only had an apps folder and wad folder on it.

so do i need to run the bannerbomb to run the installer for it again? and will running the installer override anything that i've already done?

4. Det1re

Member Det1re det1re.de

Germany
    You can simply run the HackMii installer beta2 from Homebrew Channel and select "Prepare SD card".

5. sheepgoat
    OP

United States
    thats where i run into the problem of not knowing what to do. how do i run the installer from the homebrew channel? i don't see any options for running it.

6. Det1re

Member Det1re det1re.de

Germany
  7. sheepgoat
    OP

United States
    oh man, now i feel like a twit. i had to do this for a few other things, but i dunno what happened to my thought process.

thank you for your quick help Det1re