Gaming problem playing cso's on CFW 3.90 M33-3...

timbojill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got a pandora battery and I am able to run some CSO's. For some reason I can not get ironman.cso nor vice city liberty and vice city running. SO I was wondering if I am doing something wrong.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoever you get the ISO from should warn you of what mode you have to run it from. (I don't think mentioning a name is problematic?, if so let me know). I'd say that getting ROMs from 'hako' (Googling that won't net yuo anything, you have to know where to look) would be your best bet, as I've found them all to run fine in both M33 and NP9660, so I never really have to change modes.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
running them in different modes wont mess anything up
the CSO/ISO simply will not boot and will go back to the PSP XMB

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does God of War, it's because they have to read/write too often, and decompressing is just a chore at that point.

-- I know different modes won't mess them up, but it's annoying to have to swap modes for different games :[

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can push the home button while in XMB and it will open a menu where you can select different UMD modes without resetting (it might be select, I think they moved it to a different button)

.::5pYd3r::. said:
The Grand Theft Auto games supposedly run poorly when in cso format.

played and beat both in CSO
worked fine for me
I had a 1GB card at the time...

PW1337

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had a problem running GTA: VCS on my brother's Slim, it would just get stuck at "Loading" and then the PSP turned off by itself I changed to M33 Driver and it worked. This also happened with ATV: Offroad Fury, but it didn't even get to the loading screen. I changed the UMD mode to everything there was, but it wasn't working.

After trying lots of things(deleting and copying the game again), I went to the Recovery Mode and checked the Plugins section, and there was something enabled, Nitepr, a cheat application often used for Socom FireTeam Bravo 2, then I disabled it and they it worked, so if you have some plugins, disable them if you don't need them, that might just do the trick.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know of the select mode, that's what I do. In fact I knew of it before the resetting way, but either way, it's just an annoyance, because you also have to remember which works in which mode. That's why it's better to either get all of them from a single person so that they work in the correct mode you use, or to make sure they work in that mode before bothering to obtain them.

--
CSO is generally better for most games as it's compressed, but for roaming games where there is a lot of reading/writing going on all the time, it's probably not the best idea.

timbojill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was reading some where that i should reformat my memory stick. but if I do that won't I have to use that magistick program agian ?

timbojill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.::5pYd3r::. said:
The Grand Theft Auto games supposedly run poorly when in cso format.
there is this site that has every psp game but in cso format. so it is not just the GTA games. half run and half dont.

Tortimer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
timbojill said:
I was reading some where that i should reformat my memory stick. but if I do that won't I have to use that magistick program agian ?

No you won't. Reformatting your memorystick is not the same as reformatting the PSP's internal memory.

The reason why you should reformat your memory stick from time to time is because it gets fragmented when you move a lot of files to and from it. And that means increased read-times for your PSP (it has to find all those tiny scattered bits of the game) which means you get slowdowns when you play games.

note: If you meant "Reformatting my Magic Memory Stick - will it still be a magic memory stick?" Then no, it won't. You have to run (for example) PSP Grader again.

timbojill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you all for your help. This should be made into a sticky. Depending on how the person ripped and compressed the CSO, or just system requirements needed to run the game, you will need to change the speed mode from my understanding.

tornadotcom

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hmm Hellow

I got this PSP Slim 3.90 m33-3 (with UMD Game [Forgot Title]) with a 4gb Normal MSPD, so I put some games into the memory stick such as God Of War, Megaman, Rockman, Kazook, Silent Hills, Juiced 2 etc etc.

The problem is, I cant run the Megaman, Rockman, Kazook, Bowling, & etc.(quite alot of games I think). After run it...it just stay black screen... (kazook stuck at Loading Screen), but some other game I manage to play like God of War, Juiced2, Silent Hill, Bomberman, Street Fighter...

I dont know what happen so I borrow my cousin PSP Slim 3.71 m33 (without UMD Disc Inserted)...take his 4gb high speed mspd and insert into my psp (with his game - rockman, megaman, harvest moon) ...I still cant run the rockman/megaman but can run the Harvest moon...

and then I take my MSPD and insert into his PSP, those Megaman/Kazook/Rockman/GoW can run smoothly. So what the problem here?

Hope you guys can guide me..PSP noob here

Shyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While in the normal XMB (the normal menu), press select, change the UMD ISO MODE to Normal if isn't. Make sure the UMD you have inserted in the PSP is a game, and not a movie. If you only have a movie in there, change between the M33 driver or the Sony NP9660 driver to get the individual games to work.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shyn said:
While in the normal XMB (the normal menu), press select, change the UMD ISO MODE to Normal if isn't. Make sure the UMD you have inserted in the PSP is a game, and not a movie. If you only have a movie in there, change between the M33 driver or the Sony NP9660 driver to get the individual games to work.

Sony NP9660 works best from my experience.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tend to keep it in M33, but most people say that NP9660 probably has more releases worked to be compatible especially for it. It's standard, so most people I know just keep it on it, but Sony NP9660 is just as good for most.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That's one bad nightmare