Homebrew Problem Loading VC channels (NTSC 3.2U /w HBC)

Seraphant

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, my wii is softmodded with the HBC and downgraded to 3.2U. I've been trying to get Virtual Console/Wiiware games working for a few days now and I've had some trouble.

Some Wiiware seems fine (Defend Your Castle, Megaman 9, Dr.Mario) but the VC games and some Wiiware that I've tried (Zelda 2, FFCC) compile into their proper channels but when I try to play them, the screen goes black and my remote disconnects.

Some other wads (FF Crystal Defenders) do not even show up in the wad manager for me to make a channel with.

What should I have in order to play VC's? I've used WAD managers 1.3 and 1.4 as well, but they both seem to give me the same working/not working/not compiling problems.

Thanks in advance.

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Without even going into detail, I'm telling you you'll want to update to 4.0, there's so many benefits including loading FF wares like R1 and R2. I highly reccomend you upgrading to system 4.0 and upgrading to 13a or 13b, depending on whatever you choice. 13b helps games work, including wares and games like Conduit, Ghosterbusters and Indiana Jones. If you need help there's a lot of guides here or if you visit a site demonoid it can help you.

Wynd

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is that you don't have the correct IOS on your wii to play those games (at least in the first case) there is no reason why they shouldn't be appearing at all in the wad manager unless you're putting them in the wrong folder, or the files don't end in .wad

As for revision 13b... I've only heard bad things about it. All of those games listed above work for me fine in 13a

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1