Hacking problem about read the animal crossing's save (1.5 kernal)

yuki007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
is anybody meet this case after update 1.5 kernal,i couldn't load my old save in animal crossing wild world,the save size is 512k,but when i copy the old save in the tf card,the aki stop at the title ,couldn't play!! THIS GAME CAN RUN IN THE AK OFFICAL KERNAL WITH THIS SAVE!PLEASE HELP ME!
IN ONE WORD the new kernal cannot read the animal crossing's save which played in AK OFFICAL KERNAL

and now this problem is solved, and solved by Leonidas,please read the method at "post 10" thank you !

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
What is your save file named & do you have the save file format set in the SYSTEM OPTIONS menu? There is two save file types, romname.sav and romname.nds.sav. Which do you use?

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Make sure you disable cheats, are using the latest loaders, have the save file option set to the save extension (.sav or .nds.sav) and that the ROM and save both have the same file name.

And you really don't have to use capitals.

yuki007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
thank you ,i have tried set the different mode with different save,such as save mode=sav with filename.sav;save mode=nds.save with filename.nds.sav , but thses two way is same ,the card cannot read the save!this save can run in ak offical kernal.
by the way,if you have email,can i send my save to you?
(PS. OTHER GAMES CAN RUN IN NEW KERNAL WITH OLD SAVE EXCEPT THIS GAME)

yuki007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
YOU MEAN THE AKAIO TEAM WILL SOLVE THIS PROBLEM,OH, THAT'S GREAT! I HOPE THEY CAN FIX IT IN SHORT TIME! THANK YOU

yuki007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Leonidas said:
yuki007 said:
the card cannot read the save!this save can run in ak offical kernal.
Did you try to run this game from AKAIO by using the official loader?
I'M not clearly how to change the official loader to AKAIO?please tell me the method, but i can run this game normaly under ak offical kernal!

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
yuki007 said:
YOU MEAN THE AKAIO TEAM WILL SOLVE THIS PROBLEM,OH, THAT'S GREAT! I HOPE THEY CAN FIX IT IN SHORT TIME! THANK YOU
What did I just say about capitals?

They're not cool!

And they never said they'd fix anything, there's nothing to fix apart from stupid user error.

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
yuki007 said:
I'M not clearly how to change the official loader to AKAIO?please tell me the method, but i can run this game normaly under ak offical kernal!
Put akmenu4.nds from official kernel into __aio/ak2loader/

Then boot AKAIO, select game and then go to game properties and select akmenu4.nds as loader.

yuki007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Leonidas said:
yuki007 said:
Put akmenu4.nds from official kernel into __aio/ak2loader/

Then boot AKAIO, select game and then go to game properties and select akmenu4.nds as loader.

that's great! i have run it succes,thank you !! thank you so much ,although this way is little complex ,i can use my old save !
thank you !it's a good way!

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like your AKAIO 1.5 install didn't go smooth. I opened AC:WW with my old SAV and it's working fine. I am running AKAIO 1.5, 9/24/09 Loaders, AK2i (HW:81), on a DSi (v1.4).

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Rascal, you were using the previous 1.4.1 ACWW fixes already, official firmware did no actual save integrity checks like it was supposed to hence mails disappeared and save files got corrupted all the time. I fixed all this so there is a possibility that your save file was badly corrupted by official firmware that the game itself cant fix it with its integrated integrity checks.

yuki007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
dear Normmatt,although i've sloved the problem with ACWW save,but i hope you and your team could fix the 1.5 kernal,okay?thank you

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
yuki007 said:
dear Normmatt,although i've sloved the problem with ACWW save,but i hope you and your team could fix the 1.5 kernal,okay?thank you

Its not a problem with AKAIO its a problem with the officiail firmware creating corrupt and broken save files.

yuki007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Normmatt said:
yuki007 said:

Its not a problem with AKAIO its a problem with the officiail firmware creating corrupt and broken save files.

but i also have a r4i card,this game can play well with the old save which i played in AK official kernal. so ....i don't think the ak kernal creating corrupt and broken files.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
yuki007 said:
Normmatt said:
yuki007 said:

but i also have a r4i card,this game can play well with the old save which i played in AK official kernal. so ....i don't think the ak kernal creating corrupt and broken files.

R4i cards are quite often AK2i clones based on the official ak2i loader which is broken. So again this isnt my fault start from scratch or use your broken ass official loader.

yuki007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Normmatt said:
yuki007 said:
Normmatt said:
yuki007 said:

R4i cards are quite often AK2i clones based on the official ak2i loader which is broken. So again this isnt my fault start from scratch or use your broken ass official loader.

oh,i see!thank you for your help,thanks to all the friend! and maybe someday can find a tool which could repair the corrupt save ,such as the transfer tool which trans other game's save to R4 save. thank you again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...