Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too late, already went online.

If Homebrew does not allow me to go online than it's not worth it.
... For Splatoon 2? Really? When there are so many other great single-player experiences?

Then again... I just realized I'm on 3.0 and can't access the eshop to get Sonic tonight if I don't update hahah!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
... For Splatoon 2? Really? When there are so many other great single-player experiences?

Then again... I just realized I'm on 3.0 and can't access the eshop to get Sonic tonight if I don't update hahah!
Yes, for Splatoon 2.
The game quickly gets boring without the online aspect unless you have friends with a Switch and the game (I don't, yet)
And there aren't that many addicting single player games for it yet, it's basically just BotW in my case.

Reactions: Krystal_Lavander

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, for Splatoon 2.
The game quickly gets boring without the online aspect unless you have friends with a Switch and the game (I don't, yet)
And there aren't that many addicting single player games for it yet, it's basically just BotW in my case.
That's fair. Damn I'm really gonna have to update haha! Oh Harrison wells....

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Someone should create a POLL on GBATemp, just to see how many Tempers Actually stay on 3.00 for home brew possibilities. Hmm yeah that would be really interesting

Imagine if more stay on 3.00 than update (that would be hilarious) i dont see myself staying on 3.00 for more than 2 years lol.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone should create a POLL on GBATemp, just to see how many Tempers Actually stay on 3.00 for home brew possibilities. Hmm yeah that would be really interesting

Imagine if more stay on 3.00 than update (that would be hilarious) i dont see myself staying on 3.00 for more than 2 years lol.
I have a second Switch, unopened. Bought it to sell, but I really don't need to anymore, so I may just save it for homebrew.

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
I have a second Switch, unopened. Bought it to sell, but I really don't need to anymore, so I may just save it for homebrew.

WOW that is alot of money you spent there. Around £600 almost on two switches. I personally just got myself one switch and will only update if or when i get Splatoon II or some other online game which wont be for a while.

Question: Does the switch require users to update to 3.01 if they buy a gamecart for a game that came out after 3.01 went live? (like the vita currently does?)

If ninty applied this same feature like sony did then people would HAVE to update unless they are like you and bought two switches ;)

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is don't update and don't play sonic mania? PASS... wait, i updated weeks ago, for dlc of shovel knight on blaster master zero. Well.... least I get to play sonic mania!

(Should I buy it on ps4 or steam? I mean no tax charge but then no portability..... NOPE, tax worth playing it ANYWHERE) :yayswitch:

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only issue I see in the future is games carts with updates past 3.00. The only game I care about that will most likely have this is Mario odyssey. I may have to hold off and see if a firmware spoof comes around before or shortly after, if not I may have to update for odyssey. I don't play online ever and I don't play splatoon. I don't even care for any of the eshop-only content before odyssey comes out

Chizko

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I will update every time i can this year, maybe in 2018 think in not update inmediately. Homebrew will release when Pokémon launch and probably flashcart come before.

Anfroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOW that is alot of money you spent there. Around £600 almost on two switches. I personally just got myself one switch and will only update if or when i get Splatoon II or some other online game which wont be for a while.

Question: Does the switch require users to update to 3.01 if they buy a gamecart for a game that came out after 3.01 went live? (like the vita currently does?)

If ninty applied this same feature like sony did then people would HAVE to update unless they are like you and bought two switches ;)
Iirc he bought a second one to scalp but missed the boat on the higher price and got stuck with it.
You'll only have to update if the game has a newer update included in the card than you already have installed

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will update every time i can this year, maybe in 2018 think in not update inmediately. Homebrew will release when Pokémon launch and probably flashcart come before.
Except if it ends up like ps3 where exploits above a specific firmware are almost non existent. Unlike the ps3 though you can't simply buy a flasher and downgrade if you are boned. This system is not like other Nintendo systems. You can't just update and go "I'll get an exploit eventually". Especially with the hackerone program we may see (and already have seen) exploits get patched before they can even be used publicly. And with the inability to downgrade you won't get the luxury of potentially downgrade to get exploits back.

Reactions: gameboy

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who cares when it will be hacked it will lickely be current version
That mindset is probably due to the 3ds and wii u scene. But the switch security is FAR tighter than the 3ds. You can't just expect exploits on the latest firm. We were lucky with previous Nintendo consoles. Just look at other systems with potentially less security. PS Vita can't be downgraded and can't be hacked on latest firmware. Ps3 has no hacks on latest firmware, and can only get cfw with a downgrade, which won't work on switch due to its security.
3ds made us take security flaws for granted. Especially given that parts of switch security are from nvidia and arm trustzone, meaning people who probably know what they are doing compared to Nintendo.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except if it ends up like ps3 where exploits above a specific firmware are almost non existent. Unlike the ps3 though you can't simply buy a flasher and downgrade if you are boned. This system is not like other Nintendo systems. You can't just update and go "I'll get an exploit eventually". Especially with the hackerone program we may see (and already have seen) exploits get patched before they can even be used publicly. And with the inability to downgrade you won't get the luxury of potentially downgrade to get exploits back.

exactly, i personally believe that running NS homebrew will come out when the systems start shipping with firmware at or above 3.0.1, which will be in a couple months solely because of the reasons you stated. However nintendo hasn't released any type of web browser or video or music application yet which really really bothers me.

Reactions: King Harkinian

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto