Hacking Priiloader on 3.3E for cfg Loader?

flouri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have a PAL, 3.3E (maybe its 3.2E, I'm not sure but I dont think it really matters anymore) Wii that I softmodded a long time ago. I use the latest cfg with 249 and Hermes IOS, and everything works perfectly most of the time. However, I read that there is something called Priiloader that can have the Wii boot directly to the cfg loader without going through the Wii menu, and also load the cfg loader again after I exit from a game which sounds awfully awesome. I have some questions though, if someone that uses this can and wants to answer me.

1)Is there the ability to go to back from the Priiloader to the Wii menu available?

2)In some tutorials I found, it said that I needed a 4.2 firmware Wii to do this. Is this really true? Is it impossible on a 3.2 Wii? If so, is there an easy way to upgrade directly to 4.2 without losing all the sofmodding and homebrew IOSs and stuff I have already done?

Thanks in advance guys.

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Install Bootmii as boot2.

Run v4.2 safe updater.

Then update to cIOSX Rev 19 as base 38. Install the newest Hermes cIOS and the newest cfg-loader.

Install IOS70-64-v6687 [Patched][FreeTheBug].wad ( Google it ).

Install Priiloader. Put the cfg-loader.dol at the root of your sd card. Press Load/ Install file and install the dol. Goto Settings and set auto-boot to installed file. When you start up your wii it should boot to cfg-loader.

flouri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
great, thanks a lot for the help, I've almost done it, quick questions:

why do i need the ios you told me to install

and

after I do this with priiloader, does it boot to priiloader and then directly to the cfg loader or directly to the cfg loader? If it goes directly to cfg, how is it possible for me to go to anything else from there? like if I wanted to go to priiloader, or bootmii.

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Everytime you start up your wii if you hold RESET it will show priiloader. you can edit the settings from there. The cIOS is for usb loading and IOS70 is if you want to load stuff from SD channel.

flouri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanx again mate, you helped me exactly as i wanted and answered all my questions, everything works flawlessly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1