Preview GC Backup Launcher for Wii

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Cool! @wiigator & waninkoko I'll start to dump my 60 original cube games tomorrow.

@Waninkoko
What about a new dumper with sdhc support?
Or a Pause ande Resume Function.
Dumping a Wii Game takes about 5h with my wii.
Would be nice to have a Pause function that i can turn off my wii
when i have to sleep.

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's amazing how far the wii modding community has come. Does it not seem like, right now, we are in the middle of the Wii modding life. Or maybe not the middle, but the time where there is so much stuff comming out at once. I swear, Things are popping out left and right in a matter of days. We have updates for old hacks, and things like preloader, and the health screen editor. I aslo saw somewhere that people have found other locations in the system menu to customize, So soon the wii menu will be fully customizable. And now this! A gamecube backup loader. This will really come in handy for a lot of people, including me. Especially because in order play backups on an original gamecube, you'd have to get a mods chip and either buy gamecube sized disks, or mod your case to support normal DVD's. Amazing

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
richglix said:
Nono, dump while you sleep! Thats what I do!

Lol! I've never heard of people pooping in their bed
tongue.gif
I had to say that.

Well after the sytemmenu and stuff are customized, what else is there to do? Basically all I can think of is getting stuff to run at full 6x and a few compatability fixes oh wait... making it legal (No copyright infringment) would be nice.

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
richglix said:
Nono, dump while you sleep! Thats what I do!

But who's changing the SD every 2 hours? SDHC does not work. Even if it's working...
Fat 32 does only support files up to 4GB. Waninkoko would have to implement some kind of "Auto-Split-And-Rename"-thing.
And a mode with an automated wii-shutdown would be nice too...
smile.gif

Wifi-dump doesn't work for me. The Wii breaks connection after a few hundred MB.

TrickyTony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just trying to read what a Gamecube backup is even like, does anyone know what the story with .GCM is? Is this something that is burnable/playable or is it only for emulators? Thanks!

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Blue-K said:
Funny..yesterday my friend asked me if there's a Backup-Launcher for Gamecube-Games...I said: "No, and it will probably take some time, until there's one"...and bam, there's one the next day...Awesome, simply awesome work, Wiigator & Waninkoko (don't know if he also worked on it...looks like that)!!!

Oh, and I also made a quick, dirty Channel:

Not a stylisch one, I'll make a beautiful one when it's released...but I think this one matches to the situation that will happen to the Gamecube...it will drown in the sea of the pirates
tongue.gif

Tip: Use all capital letters and it looks better. I figured that out with that font (Assuming you're using the Gamecuben font)
tongue.gif

Edit: I'll whip up one right now
tongue.gif

JoeyGennaro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The link for tmd.6 doesn't work....I'm trying to get everything ready for this loader...does anybody have a working link for tmd.6? thanks....!!

Skyfallkavu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since it isn't looking for a signature, I assume this be able to run Action replay, for use with legit games?

I know you can do AR with MIOSv4, but this thing requires V5/V6.

JoeyGennaro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please guys I really could use some help - I'm trying to get this one tiny file and this one link doesn't work or says it isn't there....any help??? Thanks in advance!

"The link for tmd.6 doesn't work....I'm trying to get everything ready for this loader...does anybody have a working link for tmd.6? thanks....!!"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: I cant justify $1k+ on a nice ass phone. I can spend that on a 75" tv screen. Why a 6" screen... +1