Hacking Premium wii u 32 gb or wii u basic 8gb?

jemartik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hello!

I am thinking of buying wii u and wiikeyu (when its ready).

I just dont know if i need wii u with 32 gb internal harddrive or is it wiser to buy for example external usb-device with 1tb space and wii u with 8b internal space? Since wiikeyus homepage says that "Play your WiiU and Wii games from any USB media!", does it mean that i cannot play wii u backups from internal harddrive?

And does anybody have any idea when wiikey u is ready?

Thank you in advance

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The 8GB version is only interesting for people who prefer white over black and only play disc based games. But if you are going to pirate, it doesn't really matter which version you get. Both will work.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
32gb Premium everytime if you can afford to because you need a wopping great load of space on it soon as you boot it up for an update. The 8gb in my opinion are to small and should of never existed in the first place and also the color is not cool. The Wiikeyu is more likely to come around October/November time now!

jemartik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Thank you. Good to know. So premium it is!:lol: in my country premium is only like 60 euros more expensive than basic model. Do you guys know how much space all the system updates take?

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Thank you. Good to know. So premium it is!:lol: in my country premium is only like 60 euros more expensive than basic model. Do you guys know how much space all the system updates take?

It depends, but don't worry!, Nintendo knows the Wii U space it's limited, the Wii U have another 512MB memory, maybe the Updates are there.

Reactions: FanLuigi

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, from what I've been told, the half of the NAND that the Cafe portion uses is mainly used for storing data related to the cafe os itself. The eMMC is for stuff like downloadable content, saves, and possibly even the default apps on the Wii U Menu (which could be interesting once we are able to dump it).

Rambytes

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you have no money, take the 8Gb and later plug a external hard disk or a usb key to get more space. I have the 32Gb model and I still use a 64 Gb external usb flash dongle, just to have my game safe if the console crash.

If you love White color, or you have a low budget, take the 8Gb.

MisterB

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You also get points from games you buy with premium. Doesn't matter if it's from retailer or eShop. With every 500 points you get 5 Euro. Don't know how much this is in other continents.

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I honestly don't see the point of getting a 32gig console unless you really want a black console. If not, just get the 8gig white. Your talking 24gig difference. Whoopty-doo. Regardless of what size console you buy if you want to download games you will need a HDD ( why anyone would be stupid enough to download games on a system with no account setup is another story).

You most well put the money you save on the 8gig wiiu to the HDD you will end up buying, no matter what version you buy.

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I honestly don't see the point of getting a 32gig console unless you really want a black console. If not, just get the 8gig white. Your talking 26gig difference. Whoopty-doo. Regardless of what size console you buy if you want to download games you will need a HDD ( why anyone would be stupid enough to download games on a system with no account setup is another story).

You most well put the money you save on the 8gig wiiu to the HDD you will end up buying, no matter what version you buy.

It's true that you can't put a lot of games in 32GB, but, I have DarkSiders2 with Super Mario World, NES Remix, Wii Street U, Wii U panorama view, heavy saves games, etc, and they fit in the 32GB console, while the 8GB can't fit that (of course, without USB), anyway, the problem with 32GB is that you will need a 64GB SD Card (unless the NAND dumper support USB) to dump all the NANDs of Wii U, the 32GB one, the vWii 512MB, and the other CafeOS 512MB NAND.

Reactions: FanLuigi

reax_mpg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You also get points from games you buy with premium. Doesn't matter if it's from retailer or eShop. With every 500 points you get 5 Euro. Don't know how much this is in other continents.

How does that work? I've bought the 32gb Wii U and a bunch of games already!

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo quit making the 8GB version of the console. Remember when Gamestop returned all the white ones to Nintendo. I think that Nintendo repacked those 8GB Wii U in a Skylanders bundle. Nintendo also quit packing Nintendo Land in with the 32GB version. I bought a White Wii U for $180 on clearance at a retail store, so if you can find an 8GB Wii U not bundled with anything you may get it for a good price. The Amazon, Youtube, Netflix, and Hulu apps all use up about 1GB each, so you can delete those to get more memory back. My white Wii U has about 1.5GB free space because of a downloaded demo and the apps I listed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson