Premium wii u 32 gb or wii u basic 8gb?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by jemartik, Aug 22, 2014.

1. jemartik
    OP

jemartik Member

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2014
    Finland
    Hello!

I am thinking of buying wii u and wiikeyu (when its ready).

I just dont know if i need wii u with 32 gb internal harddrive or is it wiser to buy for example external usb-device with 1tb space and wii u with 8b internal space? Since wiikeyus homepage says that "Play your WiiU and Wii games from any USB media!", does it mean that i cannot play wii u backups from internal harddrive?

And does anybody have any idea when wiikey u is ready?

Thank you in advance

2. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Fake News Reporter

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    The 8GB version is only interesting for people who prefer white over black and only play disc based games. But if you are going to pirate, it doesn't really matter which version you get. Both will work.

3. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    32gb Premium everytime if you can afford to because you need a wopping great load of space on it soon as you boot it up for an update. The 8gb in my opinion are to small and should of never existed in the first place and also the color is not cool. The Wiikeyu is more likely to come around October/November time now!

4. jemartik
    OP

jemartik Member

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2014
    Finland
    Thank you. Good to know. So premium it is!:lol: in my country premium is only like 60 euros more expensive than basic model. Do you guys know how much space all the system updates take?

5. Goku Junior

Goku Junior GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 27, 2013
    Argentina
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    It depends, but don't worry!, Nintendo knows the Wii U space it's limited, the Wii U have another 512MB memory, maybe the Updates are there.

FanLuigi likes this.
  6. NWPlayer123

NWPlayer123 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2012
    United States
    The Everfree Forest
    Yeah, from what I've been told, the half of the NAND that the Cafe portion uses is mainly used for storing data related to the cafe os itself. The eMMC is for stuff like downloadable content, saves, and possibly even the default apps on the Wii U Menu (which could be interesting once we are able to dump it).

7. Rambytes

Rambytes GBAtemp Regular

Aug 4, 2008
    Canada
    If you have no money, take the 8Gb and later plug a external hard disk or a usb key to get more space. I have the 32Gb model and I still use a 64 Gb external usb flash dongle, just to have my game safe if the console crash.

If you love White color, or you have a low budget, take the 8Gb.

8. MisterB

MisterB Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2014
    Netherlands
    You also get points from games you buy with premium. Doesn't matter if it's from retailer or eShop. With every 500 points you get 5 Euro. Don't know how much this is in other continents.

9. laudern

laudern GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 14, 2010
    Rural Queensland
    I honestly don't see the point of getting a 32gig console unless you really want a black console. If not, just get the 8gig white. Your talking 24gig difference. Whoopty-doo. Regardless of what size console you buy if you want to download games you will need a HDD ( why anyone would be stupid enough to download games on a system with no account setup is another story).

You most well put the money you save on the 8gig wiiu to the HDD you will end up buying, no matter what version you buy.

10. Goku Junior

Goku Junior GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 27, 2013
    Argentina
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    It's true that you can't put a lot of games in 32GB, but, I have DarkSiders2 with Super Mario World, NES Remix, Wii Street U, Wii U panorama view, heavy saves games, etc, and they fit in the 32GB console, while the 8GB can't fit that (of course, without USB), anyway, the problem with 32GB is that you will need a 64GB SD Card (unless the NAND dumper support USB) to dump all the NANDs of Wii U, the 32GB one, the vWii 512MB, and the other CafeOS 512MB NAND.

FanLuigi likes this.
  11. reax_mpg

reax_mpg Member

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2013

How does that work? I've bought the 32gb Wii U and a bunch of games already!

12. laudern

laudern GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 14, 2010
    Rural Queensland
    I was under the impression the points and discount thing for the 32 gig wiiu was only for a limited time back in 2012-2013.

13. bowser

bowser Mwa ha ha ha!

Sep 1, 2008
    India
    GBAtemp ↑↑↓↓← → ← →BA
    It's valid till December 2014.

14. SickPuppy

SickPuppy New Member

Jul 29, 2009
    United States
    Nintendo quit making the 8GB version of the console. Remember when Gamestop returned all the white ones to Nintendo. I think that Nintendo repacked those 8GB Wii U in a Skylanders bundle. Nintendo also quit packing Nintendo Land in with the 32GB version. I bought a White Wii U for $180 on clearance at a retail store, so if you can find an 8GB Wii U not bundled with anything you may get it for a good price. The Amazon, Youtube, Netflix, and Hulu apps all use up about 1GB each, so you can delete those to get more memory back. My white Wii U has about 1.5GB free space because of a downloaded demo and the apps I listed.