digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Considering starfall was never updated to work with 3.4 i doubt this will be either, and with credair not releasing the source its kinda hard to alter the code

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
OP
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Srath, Why in the hell do you insist on using 3.4 when these hacks were specifically built for 3.2x... when are you going to listen? I doubt Crediar will rewrite or add 3.4 compatibilty to preloader.. I am sure that everyone that is using preloader for all it's advantages on 3.2 have all the features that 3.4 has, but just used the patchmii updates.. I know there is nothing my 3.2 fixed wii cant do that 3.4 can do as well...besides the obvious. You again, my friend are pissing in the wind. Maybe the next time you try what we are trying do will lead your ass into a perfect brick... and I think you know what will come next if you report something like that if it happens to your wii...

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
ok, i got a ntsc copy of super paper mario and wiiscrubber said the region was ntsc (i'm pal by the way) so i burnt it off and popped it in my wii and the banner showed, so i pressed start and it worked fine!!! this is the 3rd game i've tried now and they've all worked

EDIT

how can i make a copy of NFS undercover check for updates if it been through gamma already? i wont to see if the skip hack is working too
tongue.gif

EDIT2

i just turned off the skip update hack and booted my wii and NFS now says wii system update!!!

Skarface05

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey Nutta NIc -

I wonderd that as I get NTSC games to show up sometimes but they don't play - they black screen unless i run them through gamma or the like.

Are you definetly running them from the Disc Channel?

lurbi

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Skarface05 said:
I'm running pal 3.2/preloader/starfall/cioscorp/ so if anyone needs pal testing done - hit me up.
tongue.gif
I'll be up for another hour or so...

Why do you need starfall??
I uninstalled, because preloader has all the patches of starfall in hacks.ini

and I personally like on demand patching much more.
You can turn on/off as you like.

What I would love to see is more hacks for hacks.ini
wink.gif

IronMask

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I think that is being worked on lurbi... and like I said before, Crediar is talking about changing the hacks.ini to hacks.xml... Also Crediar said, when I asked him about a source for Starfall he pointed at the menupatcher that released by Issac. So, this tells me Starfall code was introduced to that particular menupatcher as well as Raven's menuloader clone code.

As for running PAL games in the disc channel if you have your Wii setup with Preloader and CIOSCorp..

I have taken PAL games and used RegionFrii to make them say they are NTSC -USA, burned them and I have had most of them load in the disc channel and play. (For example; Disaster Day of Crisis). Though, I have tried the same process with Donkey Kong Jungle Beats/JAPAN and had it show in the disc channel but when it went to load the screen went green. I am thinking this has something to do with changing the language as well... because I know from GAMMA, I had to change the language to Japanese and I also forced NTSC to have it load. Spite the fact, that I cannot remember if this version was also patched to slide by the #002 error.. I wasn't sure if that was changed or not.. Honestly, I forgot to check that part.

So if you have an NTSC console and have PAL copies of games like:

Disaster Day of Crisis
Far Cry Vengenance
Splinter Cell (Tom Clancy)
StarWars Force Unleashed

These are ones I have tried using RegionFrii to change from PAL to NTSC and now work through for the disc channel. I plan to eventually change as many as I can to reduce the current issues with the "force region" issue, which I don't have many left most are already my region.

We are still working and testing a more effective way to get these games running through the disc channel, but I can tell you it's not going to help if you don't have similar settings... using 3.4system or any other besides 3.2 you are probably spinnning your discs in the drive for nothing..because we are testing this with what was required by these hacks in the 1st place.

Please stop posting irrelevant issues with games, etc. not working if you are NOT on 3.2 system menu. This only confuses others that are trying to test/use these hacks on the suggested requirements. If you want to keep testing on other firmware versions... start a thread with more specifics about your situation.( Example; Thread: Preloader v.25 and CIOSCorp on 3.4 w/isssues!:)

About Starfall and the Y button option - Preloader has the reset button which to me, is just as good. And it works... last night I had the system files are corrupted because I mistakenly chose the NTSC.dol as my autoboot .dol and when I launched it that's what happened.. I then went and used the RESET button trick and changed it to the one I meant to autoboot and it worked. (I actually didn't even flinch because I knew I was safe!)
wink.gif
(Not to mention I am an official WiiStuntman)

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like it cause I use it to autoboot discs, skipping the menu entirely. But I already have it, since I have starfall installed before preloader, so I am not so much making a request, as I am pointing out its not there.
with preloader set up, you COULD use it to autoboot (by having an autoboot gecko/gamma as your dol, and setting it to autoboot that, but then it would autoboot everytime until you went over, hit reset, and switched it back. having it as an optional thing by just holding a button whenever you want is nice, but I might be a small minority who likes to skip the menu and see the menu 50%-50%

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
Skarface05 said:
Hey Nutta NIc -

I wonderd that as I get NTSC games to show up sometimes but they don't play - they black screen unless i run them through gamma or the like.

yes t they work 100% from the disk channel so does the skip disk check hack, do you have any ntsc games to test because i can let you what i did to see if it works for you

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
noobwarrior7 said:
I like it cause I use it to autoboot discs, skipping the menu entirely. But I already have it, since I have starfall installed before preloader, so I am not so much making a request, as I am pointing out its not there.
with preloader set up, you COULD use it to autoboot (by having an autoboot gecko/gamma as your dol, and setting it to autoboot that, but then it would autoboot everytime until you went over, hit reset, and switched it back. having it as an optional thing by just holding a button whenever you want is nice, but I might be a small minority who likes to skip the menu and see the menu 50%-50%

Well the same gamecube y button hack and all the other hacks in starfall can be done with this (someone should port them)... if crediar makes the patching format search & replace type then it's much easier to port the existing hacks...

Other than that preloader has only a single benefit over starfall... if you happen to corrupt the system menu (not through an update) or the system files you have a means to boot still... whereas starfall is gone if severe damage is made to the system menu...

This is only useful to those who wants to customize the system menu or hack the files it uses...
Not much of a benefit actually...

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
nutta_nic said:
Skarface05 said:
Hey Nutta NIc -

yes t they work 100% from the disk channel so does the skip disk check hack, do you have any ntsc games to test because i can let you what i did to see if it works for you

nutta nic ... Can you post your hacks.ini so I can try it on my Pal Wii?

IronMask

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
My main problem has been with JAP games loading from disc channel using the said, methods.

I have regionfrii patched USA1-ntsc and ios249 patched Donkey Kong Jungle Beats banner showing no text w/ green screen.
I have regionfrii patched USA1-ntsc no ios patched Donkey Kong Jungle Beats banner showing no text w/green screen.

So the problem lies with the language needing to be region language of game and video to ntsc-usa?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
I'm done playing with this stuff... Menu loader doesn't behave as it should over preloader since preloader gets in between when menu loader issues the shut down call...

At least I figured out the problem should be this... since if you disable autoboot menu loader boots preloader instead of system menu...

Changing the order of things there is quite above my head in this step so I stopped playing...

Interestingly some of the hacks work... but some things get broken for example you can't access sd card if you launch the menu through menu loader

Still Poc launcher can be useful, you can autoboot a channel with that and surprise someone
wink.gif

Here are the sources...
http://www.tepetaklak.com/data/menu_loader_src.rar
http://www.tepetaklak.com/data/POCLauncher_src.rar

Poc launcher is harmless but approach the menu loader with caution... especially using the system menu booted this way...

lurbi

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
noobwarrior7 said:
preloader doesnt have Y-button recovery menu, so everyone should really stop saying it has "all the hacks" of starfall.

recovery menu is NOT NEEDED any more.

Why do you need recovery??
In order to boot Zelda TP and start homebrew via the hack.
Well preloader can start HB directly, or you can start HBC, even if Sysmenu is fucked up.

What do you gain by y recovery menu!

All other patches are there in the hack.inis floating around.
Any you even get nocopy removal, which starfall did not do.

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
wiicrazy i patched the game ios reload calls in the system menu dol and if i now start the game it gives a black screen i dont know why

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
WiiCrazy said:
nicksasa said:
yeah i can now play backups with my patched system menu dol
smile.gif

You mean the ios reload patch for hacks.ini?
That patches the thing for the game... not for system menu
your system menu dol loader loads the system menu in ios 249 so it just needed the game ios reloading

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...