Hacking Preloader & Priiloader wont install

damingraham

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes ive googled for hours before i got on here.

tried to install pri loader via hbc and boot.dol but i get some kinda ticket error. (i think this one says ios 36 rev 3094 at the top left corner when i get the error)

and preloader just gave me a error about the root

one of the pre loaders i tried to install (dont remember which) asked if ios 36 or something is trucha signed

which cioss' and ioss' do i need installed?

cause i was messing around and installed a few random ioss' and now my hd is connected but its not being detected
im on ntsc 4.1 hard and softmodded btw

damingraham

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well with all this help i get lol jk i finally got preloader installed and the hacks.ini the way i want. but i see NOOO option or way to auto load straight to the usb loader gx (the channel NOT via hbc)

*also i might have to make a seperate thread in a better area but ill ask here real fast . my hd isnt reconized by the wii somehow, the light on the hd is lit up, i can still connect to it and add games via the pc but its like its not connected to the wii (yes i plug it on the bottom usb port)

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
google said:
if you are like me, you pretty much only use your wii to play USB Loader Games. there is a simply method to boot directly to usb loader gx, thus bypassing the need to load the system menu and then load usb loader manually.

install preloader
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jrwqziqvmmz

using preloader, install usb loader gx dol

change preloader hacks to autoboot: File

now every time you power on or reset your wii, you will boot directly to usb loader gx.

how do i access the system menu or homebrew channel?
press the home button on your wiimote.

two second google search.

damingraham

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
damingraham said:

tried to install pri loader via hbc and boot.dol but i get some kinda ticket error. (i think this one says ios 36 rev 3094 at the top left corner when i get the error)

one of the pre loaders i tried to install (dont remember which) asked if ios 36 or something is trucha signed

cause i was messing around and installed a few random ioss' and now my hd is connected but its not being detected
and it takes a SPLIT second to read the very first line of this thread
QUOTEyes ive googled for hours before i got on here.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
damingraham said:
well with all this help i get lol jk i finally got preloader installed and the hacks.ini the way i want. but i see NOOO option or way to auto load straight to the usb loader gx (the channel NOT via hbc)

*also i might have to make a seperate thread in a better area but ill ask here real fast . my hd isnt reconized by the wii somehow, the light on the hd is lit up, i can still connect to it and add games via the pc but its like its not connected to the wii (yes i plug it on the bottom usb port)
no one helped you because you are asking help on preloader/priiloader issue in the wrong section. you posted it here at wii backup loader. you should have placed this at the wii hacking forum where more help will be coming to you. even though your main objective is to autoboot loader gx, your title is still about "preloader & priiloader wont install" which is a wii hacking issue...nah...so much for the nagging...

now for the info on how to autoboot usb loader gx...read here: http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/downloads/forwarders definitely what you want is stated here. use the install file feature of preloader.
smile.gif

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
damingraham said:
damingraham said:

and it takes a SPLIT second to read the very first line of this thread
QUOTEyes ive googled for hours before i got on here.
any particular reason you are talking to yourself?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
it sounds like people are telling u how to autoboot usb loader gx, but to me it sounds like u r having problems installing priiloader...

when u launch the priiloader installer, try holding b then pressing plus, this will use IOS249 to install it (just pressing + by itself uses IOS36, but its not working for u because your IOS36 probably its patched properly w the trucha bug and ES_Identify)

damingraham

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks ive never used a forwarder so im kinda colfused. how to i install the GXforwarder.dol? it looks contradicting from that link u gave me
and after i get the forwarder running i can figure out why the hell my hd wont connect to the wii lol

i have it set to auto boot to installed file but when i go to the main screen in preloader and click on installed file it gives me a dump. ( i replaced the boot.dol with the loader.dol in the apps/preloader dir and renamed the loader.dol to boot.dol)

damingraham

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
u need priiloader or preloader first to install the gxforwarder.dol... and i suspect that the gxforwarder.dol u have found will only work on preloader 0.29 JODI, there is a dif forwarder.dol for priiloader and preloader 0.30
yea i have all the newist preloader and loader so yea i probally need the newist dol. any ideas where to find? im sure when i go look again all ima find is the same old .dol

and HOW do i install the dol

*edit. actually the dol i have is the one that came with the gxusbloader so it should be a working one i just need to know how to install it or where to place it in the sd card

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
launch preloader, and select "install/load file", then it will show u all the .dols saved on the root of your sd card (so make sure the file u want to install is saved there). then select your file, and it will install.

U may want to set your boot settings to boot to file, and return to system menu

I have a .dol file that autoboots usb loader gx that works on priiloader, if u can't find it elsewhere, I can send that to u, just pm me (but it will probably take me a looooooong time to send it, as I wont be on my home computer for a few days)

damingraham

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
launch preloader, and select "install/load file", then it will show u all the .dols saved on the root of your sd card (so make sure the file u want to install is saved there). then select your file, and it will install.

U may want to set your boot settings to boot to file, and return to system menu

I have a .dol file that autoboots usb loader gx that works on priiloader, if u can't find it elsewhere, I can send that to u, just pm me (but it will probably take me a looooooong time to send it, as I wont be on my home computer for a few days)

lol ahhh thanks. yea ill try it soon working all week. ill do this and not have it kept on auto boot until i figure out why my hd wont be reconized anymore by the wii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water