Hacking Preloader or Bootmii, for MY WII?

2shoes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When i first got my wii couple of years ago i installed bootmii as boot2, and well, it's known as the ultimate brick protector. However, my wii's videocard or something became messed up cause of wiiconnect24 and had to send it back. I got back a wii lu60 with system 4.0U so now i cant install bootmii as boot2, only IOS. Currenty i have a sytem 4.1U with homebrew and stuff ,and i want to know which is better brick protection bootmii or preloader? I never before tried preloader. Also is it safe to update to 4.2U?

Thaank you for your help
smileipb2.png

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bootmii boot2 is the best but if your only option is pre/priiloader then that's what you'll have to use.

there's no need to update to 4.2 as it brings no extra features

2shoes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
preloader isn't my only option. I can install bootmii as IOS. But what i want to know is which offer better brick protection: bootmii (IOS install) or preloader?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bootmii/boot2, of course. But if you can't install it Priiloader is the best. IOS doesn't load until something loads it, so it's mainly only good for making NAND backups, unless you use priiloader to load it automatically.

Don't bother with 4.2, it did nothing useful as it was just to block homebrew

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
have both as the new pre/priiloader have the option to boot bootmii as an IOS and if it comes to it you could try restoring the nand as a last option if you can't recover from pre/priiloader

2shoes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your help everyone.

Is there something else that can offer better brick protection or improve on what i already have? Any suggestions?

rolandpibb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
2shoes said:
Thanks for your help everyone.

Is there something else that can offer better brick protection or improve on what i already have? Any suggestions?
Nothing except installing an auto-booting mod-chip and/or infectus.

vsevolod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
which version of pre/priiloader is the safest/most stable ? i can't have bootmii as boot2 so i'm looking for the safest way to install pre/priiloader...

thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-