1. Chipidy

Chipidy GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Eh, not a risk I want to take . Because the album is a game loader remember

2. blahblah

blahblah GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    That app is not dangerous. There has not been a single ban in the scenario I describe. You can choose paranoia or you can determine what Nintendo is checking and meet those checks. I have.

3. GitGudScrub

GitGudScrub Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    if ur gonna play backups you should just stay offline.
    u would get banned eventually anyway

4. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Wouldn't it be good of the SX OS made a copy of the log files before anything was done and then once it get written with strange activity it will replace the log with the old log. Then Nintendo only sees the old log. ALso shouldnt the SX os stop log file writes?

5. Giga_Gaia

Giga_Gaia GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    There is no precautions you can take that will prevent you from being banned. If you did any modifications to your switch, you will get banned no matter what you do to avoid it. Clearing logs won't work, as someone with no logs is more suspicious. Plus there is the fact that hackers obviously can't delete every logs as they likely don't have access to everything. I bet some logs can only be seen by Nintendo.

Staying offline while being on CFW and only going online on OFW is pointless, the moment you go online, they will know you booted CFW before.

Seriously, you have two choices. Using your Switch for piracy and/or homebrew or using it to play online. You can't have both, you have to choose. Like I said, if you did any modification to your Switch, resign yourself, you will definitely be banned, it's unavoidable. Trying to do anything OP or anyone else mentioned is a waste of time as it won't save you.

Why anyone would care is beyond me anyway. You can still update your games and update your switch firmware if banned. If Nintendo changes that (that's a big if, they likely won't), you will be able to install updates and dlcs manually long before it happens anyway.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  6. whostolemywaffle

whostolemywaffle GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Thank you for the tips its very appreciated !

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Precautions, getting, banned