Pre Smash-Direct discussion: your thoughts on the "Smash Leaks"

wAaaFYa.png

44646638_10157890150388989_2723943287906893824_o.jpg

While we wait for the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Nintendo Direct scheduled for tomorrow (7 am PT/10 am ET) it's the perfect moment to bring up the topic of the one big Smash "leak" that cropped up recently. A set of pictures got out to the public through Snapchat, after a supposed worker at a French media firm called Marina PLV sent a video consisting of what appeared to be the complete roster for the latest Smash Bros. game. In it, we see a poster for a "full" version of the cast lineup that has been teased at the end of every new Smash reveal, with seven new additions, next to other potential promotional material.

If you look bottom right of the second picture, you can see some stickers for the upcoming new Grinch movie, and though this is entirely not related to Smash at all, the existence of these in such a picture seem odd...unless the leak is real, and the one responsible for the pictures really does work for a marketing business that's working on both Smash and the Grinch media. And as always, since it's an unverified source, it is mandatory law that the picture be an utterly blurry mess. For those that can't see who's added into the image, it's the following characters:

• Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic Echo?)
  • Ken from Street Fighter (Ryu Echo?)
  • Banjo and Kazooie
  • Isaac from Golden Sun
  • Mach Rider
  • Geno from Mario RPG
  • Chorus Kids from Rhythm Heaven
Interestingly, these five new characters, and two echoes, almost exactly match up to what another Smash Bros. veteran leaker Vergeben hinted at, in his previous posts on the topic, and who also correctly assumed that Isabelle from Animal Crossing would be added, along with other smaller details prior to official announcements. It's also worth mentioning that Marina PLV works as a advertising contractor for Bandai Namco, who has a major role in developing Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. This would also tie into what Japanese magazine CoroCoro claimed would be the final number of stages in the game, which is 108, exactly enough to fit, if each of the five new characters get a stage to be represented by.

You may also remember the name "Artsy Omni", who was behind the Rayman hoax before the launch of Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U. They ascertained that the blurred visuals from the alleged roster picture were "sloppy", and had graphical errors if one looked close enough at the picture.

Marina PLV also made an official statement on the matter, which in summary, states that the worker from the Snapchat video had worked for them, but hadn't been employed there since 2016, that they had been a contractor at Namco, but no longer are, and that the leak is patently untrue.

There's definitely evidence both for and against the validity of what we've seen. Since the Direct is only in a matter of hours, we'll soon find out if these Grinch leaks are true or not. What's your take? Are you team real, or are you team fake?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
They brought back Pichu and the Pokemon Trainer. That's 4 Pokemon. Plus, bringing back the Pokemon trainer fits well, because it's gen 1, and a gen 1 game is coming out very soon.
they also brought back mewtwo and charizard in smash4 and they still added greninja.

maybe DLC imo, to promote next main pokemon game we can get a pokemon rep dlc next year, makes sense.

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Ken would be amazing, but having him as Echo would be strange as Ryu has attacks that are unique to him. Echoes only differ in their special attacks, it seems.

Let's go all the way and include all 12 original Street Fighter 2 characters. ;) (since there is already a Vega music theme)

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
natsunokaze.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
Honestly i don't care to much about this leak. Non of the character in this "leak" make me hype more then im already. Mostly becouse i never play Mach Rider, Banjo or Golden Sun. I know is a sin not have play Banjo and Golden Sun, but is true. I know they are really good games but never played, when Banjo came out i was in my "only Pokemon phase" and i completly skip Golden Sun so...for me the roster is already amazing in the way it is now. Any new character is just a cherry on top of the charry on top of the cake. The only wish i have is to see Jikkyou Powerfull Pro Yakyu reference, at least in form of a trophy becouse we already have two Konami character in the form of Simon and Snake. So i really doubt PawaPuro can be in this game.

EDIT: Also pepole constantly bring on Incineroar...sure. The problem is according to the recent pool regarding most popular character in videogames made by Nintendo we have Rowlet as the more popular Gne7 mon. The only reason why pepole talk about Incineroar in this time is becouse VGC and is HA. Ah is the source.

So even if we wanna belive they are gonna insert a Gen7 Pokemon is probably not gonna be Incineroar at all.

Last edited by PedroKeitawa,

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why Chorus Kids though? Isn't Karate Man a much more natural fit? Plus he's the only character that has a minigame in every single rhythm heaven game.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
I wanna see the characters below as playable characters:
* Pheonix Wright
* Waluigi
* Shovel Knight
* Illidan Stormrage or Arthas and/or Lothar
* Gordon Freeman
* Scorpion and/or SubZero
* Dr. Wily
* Sarah Kerrigan
* Deckard Kain
* Ryu Hayabusa
* Doomguy or Phobos
* Jill Valentine and Albert Wesker
* Raiden of MGS

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I wanna see the characters below as playable characters:
* Pheonix Wright
* Waluigi
* Shovel Knight
* Illidan Stormrage or Arthas and/or Lothar
* Gordon Freeman
* Scorpion and/or SubZero
* Dr. Wily
* Sarah Kerrigan
* Deckard Kain
* Ryu Hayabusa
* Doomguy or Phobos
* Jill Valentine and Albert Wesker
* Raiden of MGS

waluigi and shovel knight are assists so these are cut
Half life never had a single game on a nintendo console so never gonna happen.

most of those i dont know but MK characters wont ever make it, the game is all about carnage wish couldnt be placed in ssb series.

a RE char or raiden is the only ones i could maybe see but there company's already have reps so i highly doubt it.

rich333

Trophies
XP
Country
More charterers from Prof Layton, Phoneix Wright, Street Fighter (Blanka) & Mortal Kombat (Raiden) would be pretty cool. Maybe the 8bit Kung-Fu Master or some old Sega ones like Shinobi, Alex Kidd, Wonderboy, Golden Axe..... Hoping for DLC in the future but not holding my breath

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Pokemon is pretty well represented just from returning characters, and ARMS was kind of a flop even though I enjoyed it. It will be surprising if Rex and/or Pyra from XB2 aren't included though, that is definitely a big seller for Switch.
They brought back Pichu and the Pokemon Trainer. That's 4 Pokemon. Plus, bringing back the Pokemon trainer fits well, because it's gen 1, and a gen 1 game is coming out very soon.
see i told you guys we would get a new pokemon rep lol

Reactions: Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, then whats qbits?