Amazon Italy possibly reveals details of Mortal Kombat 1's Kombat Pack

WB Games announced Mortal Kombat 1 on Thursday, a re-imagining of the Mortal Kombat franchise that will feature new fighting systems and old characters "as you've never seen them before." Alongside the game's reveal, it was also announced that the premium editions would come with the Kombat Pack, giving players a Jean-Claude Van Damme skin for Johnny Cage at launch, plus six new playable characters and five new Kameo Fighters post-launch. As spotted by r/GamingLeaksAndRumours, it appears a listing on Amazon Italy (now revised to remove the offending content) may have accidentally revealed what will be included in the Kombat Pack. The following characters were included in the leak:

Playable Characters
  • Quan Chi
  • Ermac
  • Takeda
  • Omni-Man
  • Peacemaker
  • Homelander
Kameo Characters
  • Tremor
  • Johnny Cage
  • Khameleon
  • Mavado
  • Ferra
If the leak is accurate, it shows that Mortal Kombat 1 will be continuing the trend established in 2011's Mortal Kombat reboot of bringing in guest characters from other Warner Bros. properties; in this case, we could be getting Omni-Man from Invincible, Homelander from The Boys, and Peacemaker from the DC Universe (made famous recently by John Cena in The Suicide Squad and his own TV show).

The inclusion of Johnny Cage in the Kameo Characters is also interesting. According to a FAQ on the Mortal Kombat 1 website, the Kameo Fighters will be a "unique roster" and "chosen separately from the main roster of fighters." Elsewhere, the FAQ confirms Johnny Cage's inclusion in the game, though not explicitly as a playable character on the roster. The wording on the FAQ seems to imply that there will be no overlap between playable characters and Kameo Fighters, though it's possible this rule will be broken by the time the DLC releases.

Whatever the answers may be, we'll know more by the time Mortal Kombat 1 releases on September 19, 2023.

James_

aka Underscore_ or 'that Meowstic guy'
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I like how the list of characters starts with just your average MK characters

and then all of a sudden you get these three motherfuckers

R.9ff1092ee694428dc733cc67c58b7939
R.7372eb71efe13686f993f819bb183a2f
https:%2F%2Fwinteriscoming.net%2Ffiles%2F2020%2F10%2FHomelander.jpg

AndorfRequissa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah this game sounds like a hard pass. I said this a couple years back when micro transactions first started to become a thing but it hit me again today. the blood code in the original mortal kombat if the game came out today would be a microtransaction purchase and not free part of the game.

when companies are focusing on designing purchases to enhance a games gameplay before the game has even come out you know they dont want you to have fun and are ruining the concept of gaming. i miss the good ole days where if a game was really good it got a game of the year edition with a couple extras but besides that you got complete games with your purchase. MORTAL PURCHASE 1 this will be called by me until they show me otherwise.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
A reimagined MK would be a less violent one... it was all fun and games when it was a pixelated mess, but the current tech makes it so that the person needs to enjoy gore to enjoy the game.

ertaboy356b

Trophies
XP
Country
I would loved if they made an actual remake of the first game. Include all characters in the first game, add some characters from the 2nd and 3rd game. I hate how Liu Kang is a God now, he used to be the next strongest monk in the area.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shit just homelander? put the other ones of the 7's Heroic villians in there too smh A train at least maybe cut a deal with MHA and put in all might, btw if on PC i can see this going the way of XV2 via mods

tranceology3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A reimagined MK would be a less violent one... it was all fun and games when it was a pixelated mess, but the current tech makes it so that the person needs to enjoy gore to enjoy the game.
Youre kidding right? It was not a pixelated mess. Back in the 90s it was actually advanced tech for the arcades, that showed BLOOD on characters that looked real enough. I think MK has kept its roots which is great, its always been known for GORE!

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Youre kidding right? It was not a pixelated mess. Back in the 90s it was actually advanced tech for the arcades, that showed BLOOD on characters that looked real enough. I think MK has kept its roots which is great, its always been known for GORE!
Back in the day people imagined it from those pixels, basically. Now it's literally becoming a realistic snuff film. No problem with people liking that, but it gets more niche with every technology leap... that's the tradeoff in my personal opinion. I know realistic violence holds huge interest in the USA market, but a lot of countries don't have the same interest.

Reactions: Axido

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Who doesn't enjoy gore? That's not a person I need in my life.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto