Past Meets Present for the Ultimate Generational Clash in New Mortal Kombat 11 Trailer

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by T-hug, Mar 26, 2019.

Front-page
    Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and NetherRealm Studios today revealed the new Mortal Kombat™ 11 Old Skool vs. New Skool Trailer, showcasing a variety of past and present characters from the rich Mortal Kombat™ history who meet up as part of the time-bending new narrative. Through the immersive story mode, players take on the role of numerous fighters from different eras, culminating in the ultimate generational clash as current characters collide with their alternate selves.

Additionally, a number of fan-favourite fighters were revealed today as the latest playable characters coming to Mortal Kombat™ 11, including Liu Kang, Kung Laoand Jax Briggs.
    • Liu Kang, the greatest of the Shaolin monks, was an orphan adopted and trained in the arts of combat by the Shaolin order. He was handpicked by Raiden to be Earthrealm’s Mortal Kombat™ champion and chief defender.
    • Kung Lao joined the Shaolin monks in a quest to become Earthrealm’s newMortal Kombat™ champion. Reckless and rebellious, but courageous and indomitable, Kung Lao fights to prove worthy of his glorious ancestors.
    • Major Jackson “Jax” Briggs was a decorated veteran of the Special Forces whose life changed forever when he fought in the Mortal Kombat™tournament. His duty was now clear—he would defend Earthrealm against Outworld and the Netherrealm.
    The growing roster of confirmed playable fighters in Mortal Kombat™ 11 includes Scorpion, Raiden, Sub-Zero, Sonya Blade, Skarlet, Baraka, Geras, Kano, D'Vorah, Kabal, Jade, Johnny Cage, Cassie Cage, Erron Black, Jacqui Briggs, Kotal Kahn, Noob Saibot, Liu Kang, Kung Lao and Jax Briggs, with more exciting reveals coming in the weeks ahead.

Mortal Kombat™ 11 is the latest instalment in the critically-acclaimed franchise, developed by award-winning NetherRealm Studios, and will be available beginning 23rd April for PlayStation® 4, PlayStation® 4 Pro, Xbox One, Xbox One X, Nintendo Switch™ and PC. Pre-order now to receive the in-game playable character, Shao Kahn.

:arrow:Mortal Kombat Official Site

Cubuss, Dragonx41 and cyb0rg like this.
    Discussion (22 replies)
  1. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Johnny Cage... WINS! FLAWLESS VICTORY! :P

[​IMG]

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight, Mar 26, 2019
    cvskid, Pandaxclone2 and Briyoda like this.
  2. Stwert

Stwert GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    Stwert is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 6, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Scotland
    Looking forward to this one, a lot. Though I really need to get some practice in, I pretty much gave up MK after 3, until the relaunch. So I still suck donkey balls at it just now.. Time to get some old-school blisters on my thumbs :D

3. Cubuss

Cubuss GBAtemp Fan

Aug 4, 2017
    Netherlands
    High Quality Shitposter
    Best Trailer Song Ever,

DS1 and T-hug like this.
  4. ertaboy356b

ertaboy356b GBAtemp Regular

Feb 16, 2010
    I tried playing MK10 but I am confused with it. The last MK i played was UMK3.

5. Stwert

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jan 6, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Scotland
    We should have online matches then, we might both suck equally :rofl2:

6. RedoLane

RedoLane GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 16, 2016
    Israel
    Jax pulling the destructive move of killing a mothafucka...with another mothafucka!

7. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    You mean the best mortal kombat game you played was Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. :P

But I feel more consistent players of the series (ones who play them all in order and not skip around) would probably understand the games better. It probably helps to play the ninth entry seeing as that's when the in gameplay quality comes from. MK XL evolves from that game and so on until we get to where we are now. :ninja:

8. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker News Police

Banned
    Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    Gee, I wonder why I instantly knew this was a PR email just from the title.

9. Stwert

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jan 6, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Scotland
    What’s wrong with PR emails? Personally I like to be kept informed.

10. BORTZ

BORTZ The Amazing

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Oh god i know right, PR emails are the worst! And where's Shaggy!?

gnmmarechal likes this.
  11. magico29

magico29 GBAtemp Maniac

GBAtemp Patron
    magico29 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 2, 2017
    United States
    you missed......FATALITY!!

12. retrofan_k

retrofan_k GBAtemp Addict

May 31, 2013
    Belarus
    Caves
    Looks like they toned down the combos, no more rushdown and 50/50s and made this more neutral, footsie based play compared to MKX, which is interesting.

13. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Netherworld
    I couldn't tell if the alternate characters was just skins or actually have different move sets.

14. face235

face235 GBATemp's Official Lurker

Apr 16, 2017
    United States
    Beyond the 4th Wall
    I wonder if this game will pull an Everyone Is Here! like they did with Mortal Kombat Armageddon.

silvershadow likes this.
  15. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 10, 2018
    Argentina
    So... any way to play MK3U Online?

16. Roamin64

Roamin64 GBAtemp Regular

May 24, 2007
    Canada
    What the hell happened to the models ? Not a single character's face is even close to MK9 or MKX .. I'm a huge MK fan , but so far I don't like that change.

17. burial

burial GBAtemp Regular

Aug 15, 2018
    United States
    9 was great, the best since UMK3, but X was garbage....hopefully the new one has gameplay more like 9 and the classics.

18. DS1

DS1 伝説の雀士

Feb 18, 2009
    United States
    Yes!
    MK fan or no, that trailer was awesome. I love the idea of them fighting the classic versions of themselves. I wish more fighting games would age the characters. Mark of the Wolves at least had old Terry Bogard, but come on..

19. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 10, 2018
    Argentina
    Quan Chi is still a Mary Sue.

But then again, who plays Mortal Kombat for the story?